Pierre-Emerick Aubameyang

Dotmund digging their heels in and quoted us british record fee of 65 m,nothing to suggest we are backing away
As suggested, if this one happens it will be a protracted process IMO.
Dortmund have lost a few top players already in this window and it will take a lot for them to part with PEA especially with Mickytaker also likely to exit.
If they are to avoid the wrath of their fans surely they have to be seen to be getting silly money to part with him or they'll just be regarded as a PL and Bayern feeder club with no ambition to improve their lot?

If we are being quoted around £65m would anyone else rather us just look at someone like Griezmann I know I would, could cost around the same and worth it.

As suggested, if this one happens it will be a protracted process IMO.
Dortmund have lost a few top players already in this window and it will take a lot for them to part with PEA especially with Mickytaker also likely to exit.
If they are to avoid the wrath of their fans surely they have to be seen to be getting silly money to part with him or they'll just be regarded as a PL and Bayern feeder club with no ambition to improve their lot?
I think it's too late now,they are a feeder club,if it was us i would want all those unhappy out of here and get new ones in who want to be here,i think it will cost us much the same as kev in the end which wouldn't bother me as it's a mad market at the moment

If we are being quoted around £65m would anyone else rather us just look at someone like Griezmann I know I would, could cost around the same and worth it.
Every player on the fucking planet is over priced when English clubs come knocking. I've only seen him on highlights packages (apart from the Liverpool game) much like everyone else on here, I'd imagine City have had a proper football bloke watch him on a few occasions, so if they feel we'd be better with him in our team, then crack on regardless of the fee.

I think it's too late now,they are a feeder club,if it was us i would want all those unhappy out of here and get new ones in who want to be here,i think it will cost us much the same as kev in the end which wouldn't bother me as it's a mad market at the moment
Yes but there's a difference between losing one or two who want out as they're near end of contract or want new challenge/more money and being picked clean by selling all of your prize assets in one window?

Yes but there's a difference between losing one or two who want out as they're near end of contract or want new challenge/more money and being picked clean by selling all of your prize assets in one window?
Lets hope he is pushing for the move and they get worn down in the end,it won't be quick thats for sure, if at all

Agree.
We seemingly want him badly and they will sell but only at the right price.
For the deal to happen as I see it,
  • They need to come out of looking like they got a fee over and above the cost of a credible replacement
  • We need to get him for a fee that doesn't send a message to other clubs that we will just pay the asking price willy nilly.
  • He buys into our club.
No wild card mega clubs like Real, Barca or (ahem) United offer him the distraction of a dream move ;)

He also needs to avoid airline trollies, bouts of malaria and allergies to the wrong type of grass.

Sounds like they are resigned to Mkhitarian leaving. Surely they won't sell him and PEA. Ugh

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.