Pies

Cissy Green’s in Haslingden or Bradley Fold Garden Centre near Radcliffe (they have an in-house butcher who makes the pies). There must be other butchers making pies with quality ingredients. Not sure if they do steak puddings though.

I wouldn’t feed my dog a Hollands pie.
Now you're talking.

I had an excellent vegetarian option at Southport FC last season. It may have been cheese, onion and potato. Clearly home made too. £4 but worth it.

Depending on where I end up in life, Southport might be a destination for a home by the water.
Too many scousers, but if you’re from the Wirral you’re probably used to it.

Anyway, Southport is only by the water for about 10 minutes a fortnight. The rest of the time it’s a never ending beach.

I was going to a match in 1963 at Maine Road but was late because my car wouldn't start, I got to the ground thirty minutes late, I was climbing the steps up the the Kippax when there was a massive roar. I said to the steward "What's up, have they scored?"

He said "No lad, pies have come!"

Potato, cheese and onion pie has cooled down to room temp. Made a short crust and grated some cheese in it.......damn it's good

I do love a pie, funny tale went to Kilmarnock on a pre season tour late 90s asked for a scotch pie on the packet it said scotch pie made in Wales, tickled me, was very good though

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.