Pies

If you live overseas and crave hollands pies you must be mad as I know for a fact they have better in America,

I'll add a fact of my own. In all the years I've lived here and the many states I've visited I have never seen/eaten (other than my own home) a two crusted savoury pie. Occasionly see pot pies (top crusted) on a menu and will almost always be chicken.

I'm not saying your claim is false as it a big country and I haven't traveled it all. But in my experience you are incorrect. I'd love to know what brand of pies and where I can get them?

I'll add a fact of my own. In all the years I've lived here and the many states I've visited I have never seen/eaten (other than my own home) a two crusted savoury pie. Occasionly see pot pies (top crusted) on a menu and will almost always be chicken.

I'm not saying your claim is false as it a big country and I haven't traveled it all. But in my experience you are incorrect. I'd love to know what brand of pies and where I can get them?
Yeah as you say pot pie which is normally chicken or the one called Canadian savoury. Both far better than cheap stodgy hollands which generally have less than 15% of the named meat or cheese inside. I agree I've not seen pies in the USA as fast food like Australia do. American has lots of other fast food to eat.

I've found a little bakery that does real meat pies ( bottom crust) in Idaho Falls of all places, very good too. There was a place called Aussie Eats there too but he moved.

Yeah as you say pot pie which is normally chicken or the one called Canadian savoury. Both far better than cheap stodgy hollands which generally have less than 15% of the named meat or cheese inside. I agree I've not seen pies in the USA as fast food like Australia do. American has lots of other fast food to eat.
Most towns in Montana have a pasty shop, I always frequent them when I'm there. I always suggest adding some turnip or rutabaga, gotta be a bit careful in Montucky, some crazy fookers there

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.