Pies

johnmc said:
That is excellent work Didsberry Blue. I'm seriously considering whether or not to go to City again if they don't remove the Sultanas. It takes me back to a dark time of being force fed curry containing sultanas at primary school.

In fact, it isn't just the football i'm reconsidering, its life in general. If someone would purposely do this to a pie, what other lengths will people go to make your life miserable. I might not give them the satisfaction anymore and just cut it short.

Bide your time John and we'll get this sorted out. However, its now five hours since I sent my letter to Hollands Pies and they still havent issued any assurances that they will remove the sultanas or any other offensive and unpalatable fruit that have eroneously been put into the new Chicken Balti pies.

In light of the gravity of the situation and in order to provoke Hollands into some form of immediate action, I have tonight referred the matter to the Europiean court of Human Rights. Let see what they think about that in Baxenden.

Didsberry blue said:
johnmc said:
That is excellent work Didsberry Blue. I'm seriously considering whether or not to go to City again if they don't remove the Sultanas. It takes me back to a dark time of being force fed curry containing sultanas at primary school.

In fact, it isn't just the football i'm reconsidering, its life in general. If someone would purposely do this to a pie, what other lengths will people go to make your life miserable. I might not give them the satisfaction anymore and just cut it short.

Bide your time John and we'll get this sorted out. However, its now five hours since I sent my letter to Hollands Pies and they still havent issued any assurances that they will remove the sultanas or any other offensive and unpalatable fruit that have eroneously been put into the new Chicken Balti pies.

In light of the gravity of the situation and in order to provoke Hollands into some form of immediate action, I have tonight referred the matter to the Europiean court of Human Rights. Let see what they think about that in Baxenden.

You 2 should be a comedy act, brilliant.

This is a very serious subject Ricster :-).

I would like my own little sub-forum on here called 'Pastry matters'.

I think the Sheikh should commission a new flavoured commemorative pie to celebrate the rebirth of our beloved club.

Suggestions on a postcard.............(or posted on an internet forum........)

Didsberry blue said:

I think the Sheikh should commission a new flavoured commemorative pie to celebrate the rebirth of our beloved club.

You are my new most favoured person... That email/letter had me crying pmsl literaly in my pants! Even the rag missus pissed herself (although that isnt uncommon, shes a little "challeneged" being a rag and all. But...).
My idea for a pie would be the derby day special sold to the away fans "the humble pie" as by then we will be chasing them down and be in a good cup run ;0)

Didsberry blue said:

How about Pork and Apple pie.

Pork-and-Apple-Tourtiere-45.jpg

And how are these things edible? They look like my grans pile's!

Sultanas.jpg

The meal deals that they have are wierd.

Bovril and a chunky kit kat - how crap is that?

Now a coffee and a chunky kit kat very nice but not a bovril.

Plus sometimes I'm sure the cornish pasties have been in the oven for about a week prior to matchday - they're rock hard.

mr t said:
The meal deals that they have are wierd.

Bovril and a chunky kit kat - how crap is that?

Now a coffee and a chunky kit kat very nice but not a bovril.

Plus sometimes I'm sure the cornish pasties have been in the oven for about a week prior to matchday - they're rock hard.

No pasties anymore :(

They were bloody nice too.

Dont get me started on the Cornish Pasty debate. Never in the history of mankind has a pastry promised so much and delivered so little. Before anyone chips in with "You want to try one from xxxx" - I probably have and I was probably underwhelmed. Whilst I'm not sure they actually qualify as a pie, even as a savoury pastry they disappoint on every level.

My understanding is that they were invented so that the miners in Cornwall could take them down the pit. I can only imagine that they used them to dig with because they are of absolutely no use for anything else.

When I eventually get some closure on the current 'Baltipiegate' situation I will resume my quest to seek a Cornish pasty that actually tastes of something. If I fail then I will seek to have them banned on the grounds of blandness.

PS The Pork and Apple suggestion certainly has some merit Ricster, I see you have an eye for pastry

Didsberry blue said:
Dont get me started on the Cornish Pasty debate. Never in the history of mankind has a pastry promised so much and delivered so little. Before anyone chips in with "You want to try one from xxxx" - I probably have and I was probably underwhelmed. Whilst I'm not sure they actually qualify as a pie, even as a savoury pastry they disappoint on every level.

My understanding is that they were invented so that the miners in Cornwall could take them down the pit. I can only imagine that they used them to dig with because they are of absolutely no use for anything else.

When I eventually get some closure on the current 'Baltipiegate' situation I will resume my quest to seek a Cornish pasty that actually tastes of something. If I fail then I will seek to have them banned on the grounds of blandness.

PS The Pork and Apple suggestion certainly has some merit Ricster, I see you have an eye for pastry
Try a Gingsters Cornish Pasty - you will taste something - PEPPER - they're full of it.

Like all quality food items they can often be found on BOGOF at Morrisons.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.