Pies

PirateSadPie-1.jpg

don't mess with the Sad Hollands Pie

Haven't tried the peppered steak but I will next match. I had the meat and potato. Excellent pie but smaller than last years pie. Unfortunately, the chicken balti was indeed crap, virtually no meat, tasted like a microwve chicken curry sauce and the pastry was hard even though not overcooked. The burger has improved though, decent thickness of meat. I reccommend bringing a packed lunch or find a chippy outside the ground

jollycity said:
Haven't tried the peppered steak but I will next match. I had the meat and potato. Excellent pie but smaller than last years pie. Unfortunately, the chicken balti was indeed crap, virtually no meat, tasted like a microwve chicken curry sauce and the pastry was hard even though not overcooked. The burger has improved though, decent thickness of meat. I reccommend bringing a packed lunch or find a chippy outside the ground
Only chippy I pass outside the ground is the one next to Mary D's, which is a bit shit to be honest.

jollycity said:
How can you afford TWO pies AND a burger - you greedy rich bastard - lol.

Bet you washed em down with a pint of fosters at £3.40 as well moneybags!!!

meal deal... chips and a hot dog only £6 bargain.. bring youre 3 kids and you are on bread and milk till payday!!!

Dont get me started on the Cornish Pasty debate. Never in the history of mankind has a pastry promised so much and delivered so little. Before anyone chips in with "You want to try one from xxxx" - I probably have and I was probably underwhelmed. Whilst I'm not sure they actually qualify as a pie, even as a savoury pastry they disappoint on every level.

My understanding is that they were invented so that the miners in Cornwall could take them down the pit. I can only imagine that they used them to dig with because they are of absolutely no use for anything else.

When I eventually get some closure on the current 'Baltipiegate' situation I will resume my quest to seek a Cornish pasty that actually tastes of something. If I fail then I will seek to have them banned on the grounds of blandness.

PS The Pork and Apple suggestion certainly has some merit Ricster, I see you have an eye for pastry

I was so impressed with your letter to the nice people at Hollands, indeed I would go so far as to say I was in awe, but now you have let yourself down. There are, i'll admit, many examples of flaccid meat-mean tastelessness and dried up peppery monstrosities in this world, but a good pasty is a fine, fine thing and deserves our respect.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.