Pink Final & Spot The Ball

tommyhair

On a lighter note. I was just thinking about the Pink Final, a great read on the way home from the match. Spot the ball, remember that? some good 70's memories.

When we were at Maine Road the MEN used to have a van there ready to print the front and backpages with the headlines and scores.

Dave Ewing's Back 'eader said:
tommyhair said:
On a lighter note. I was just thinking about the Pink Final, a great read on the way home from the match. Spot the ball, remember that? some good 70's memories:)

Yeah, won £15 on spot the ball once. But does anyone on here remember the Football Green?

Can't remember football green, would have been great to keep a few old copies of the Pink though,

Can't remember football green, would have been great to keep a few old copies of the Pink though,

Thats why you dont know the green, you didn't keep any pinks, thats the colour they go after a few years in a draw.

tommyhair said:
On a lighter note. I was just thinking about the Pink Final, a great read on the way home from the match. Spot the ball, remember that? some good 70's memories:)

Yeah, won £15 on spot the ball once. But does anyone on here remember the Football Green?

In the sixties you could get both the Pink and Green. Best coverage of City in the Pink IMO.
The Green didn't have a good proof reader. I remember one classic error, saying Bell fired a shit just over the bar. Now I know Colin was top drawer but even he couldn't have managed that one.

scotty said:
The pink Final was quality, a real loss to Saturday football....yes i miss that...Campaign to bring it back
It was, I loved the layout of it, brings back good memories sat on the 53 on the way home.

thelegde said:

In the sixties you could get both the Pink and Green. Best coverage of City in the Pink IMO.
The Green didn't have a good proof reader. I remember one classic error, saying Bell fired a shit just over the bar. Now I know Colin was top drawer but even he couldn't have managed that one.
Great!

Its in The Blood said:
When we were at Maine Road the MEN used to have a van there ready to print the front and backpages with the headlines and scores.
that's right, well remembered..

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.