Pink Final & Spot The Ball

The pink papers van drivers were the quickest most mental drivers around at the time, when they were getting that paper to the shops before we got home from the match.A great read and more information than you needed.All the amateur results as well.Youth club leagues.Reports on local matches.If you scored you got your name in there every week.
About the spot the ball. A few of us had a bright spark moment. We will all put to, and cover the whole coupon with a 100 closely merged crosses embedded by a small wooden hand stamper, I forget how much that cost, but it was quite a bit, and we all sat back to wait for our winnings on Thursday in the paper. We didn’t even get a near miss.

One thing i liked about going to Maine Rd the Pink straight after the game :) we had our own version up until the earlys 80s then it was scrapped before appearing again in the late 90s only to be cut again

I'm sure I first came across the moanings of the legend that is Tedd Knott through reading the Pink. ;)

Bcfcgaza said:
One thing i liked about going to Maine Rd the Pink straight after the game :) we had our own version up until the earlys 80s then it was scrapped before appearing again in the late 90s only to be cut again

I'm assuming you are a Birmingham fan and the paper you are talking about is the Sports Argus?

Bcfcgaza said:

If it was to make a comeback, would go down a storm coming out onto the open areas as we leave the ground and picking up The Pink....heaven that is you know, a quality quality memory

Blue Lloyd said:
Bcfcgaza said:

I'm assuming you are a Birmingham fan and the paper you are talking about is the Sports Argus?

Bradford City :) and it was the Yorkshire Sports btw i still have an Old Pink from 1995

Man City 3 -2 Sheff Wed i think Rosler got 2 that day

I still have an old Pink from 1968.....headline.....CHAMPIONS.It has a small picture of a smiling Joe Mercer in the corner.Looks a bit tatty now!!!Must have bought it the next day coz I was at Newcastle on the Saturday.I think it may be in the garage....must go & look for it!!

Bcfcgaza said:
Blue Lloyd said:

Bradford City :) and it was the Yorkshire Sports btw i still have an Old Pink from 1995

Man City 3 -2 Sheff Wed i think Rosler got 2 that day

Apologies my Yorkshire friend. I just saw the BCFC and assumed (wrongly) it was Birmingham.

My location says it all.... Used to get home from Maine Road, wolf down my dinner and run to the paper shop. Often there was a wait for the van and there'd be great banter between blues and rags of all ages. The creation of the premier league and the loss of the standard 3pm kick off killed these papers off. Grrr!

My memories are standing outside the newsagents with pretty much the same lads week in week out waiting for it to arrive after getting home from the match, great days! As someone on here said, campaign to get it back, bombard the MEN with emails!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.