Pink Final & Spot The Ball

pink.jpg

UNCLE MORT said:
I still have an old Pink from 1968.....headline.....CHAMPIONS.It has a small picture of a smiling Joe Mercer in the corner.Looks a bit tatty now!!!Must have bought it the next day coz I was at Newcastle on the Saturday.I think it may be in the garage....must go & look for it!!
still got that one myself remember the first words in the mini report
"CHAMPIONS CHAMPIONS a gigantic ear splitting cresendo of noise rose from the packed Necastle terraces to shatter the tyne side air.
brill

tommyhair said:
On a lighter note. I was just thinking about the Pink Final, a great read on the way home from the match. Spot the ball, remember that? some good 70's memories.
Loved reading the pink on the way home on the train why did they stop it ?

Used to queue up an pay for the pink before it was delivered.
Still remember my dad telling me to put a pin in the spot the ball picture to hear the ball burst!

snip said:
Used to queue up an pay for the pink before it was delivered.
Still remember my dad telling me to put a pin in the spot the ball picture to hear the ball burst!
Yep....my dad used to say same. Did anyone ever win 'spot the ball'???

The Pink Postbag was the only forum back then. One or two pages, once a week, seven days after the previous game and shared with the rags as well. These interweb kids don't know they're born. Pah!

My first step into the business world.late eighties.
Unlike any paper round, we used to buy the pink
2p less than listed price
then go door to door selling it for listed price plus delivery.
"Would you like a pink final , 14p and whatever you like for delivery"
Often be given 20p and told to keep the change.
Downfall was my rag mate , who wore glasses, whenever we went into a pub
(which is where we made (or should have ) most money) his glasses would steam up
as we came in from the cold and he would always give more change than he should.
Boy was like a bloody fruit machine to the local pub go'ers.
After two weeks of losing money decided it wasn't worth the hassle.
Happy Days

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.