Pitch Invasion?

Wondering how many people who are slagging off the pitch invaders went on against Wigan in the play off semi or Birmingham (which was almost very embarrassing) the season after?....i know i did. Still, only the 4 league titles in a row to celebrate this time...no comparison.

The difference is the club has requested that supporters must not step on the pitch and have been warning them for some time.

Wondering how many people who are slagging off the pitch invaders went on against Wigan in the play off semi or Birmingham (which was almost very embarrassing) the season after?....i know i did. Still, only the 4 league titles in a row to celebrate this time...no comparison.
I didn't mind it against QPR in 2012 because of the spontaneity of the moment. And obviously 2022 (although the goalposts being brought down was stupid)

But when you have a couple of minutes left in the game, fans are queuing up on the edge of the pitch to have their little moment and the  players are having to tell them to fuck off so we can finish the game, theyre fair game to be slagged off.

It just seems forced at this point. Nobody needs to be punished or banned, its just an eye-roller for me.

I witnessed the pitch invasion today. I am not a big fan of them but I can understand why fans do them. I thought today’s was actually quite well behaved compared with last year, which was a bit of a shit show. No goal posts were wrecked today and the crowd left the pitch fairly quickly and in an orderly manner.

I’ve no problem with them if they are good natured and quick. (Apart from the free idiots in the south stand who peaked too early) I’ve never gone on before but as I was near the front I wondered on for 60 seconds for a brief moment with my grown up sons after asking the steward would it be ok to go on for a quick photo. He said yeh no problem so we wondered on, had a photo, and wondered off. I didn’t see any problems and it was over fairly quickly on the whole. People are just happy and it’s an outpouring of relief and elation. There’s not many things to get joyous about in this country - I think it’s a bit shit that people get so furious about it.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.