Pitch invasion

That's the fastest the Family Stand has emptied all season. Look at all the empty seats in each corner. The Kids would have loved being on the pitch. The next generations of pitch invaders starting early in life. :-)

punditjay - twitter

99088-BDB-81-DF-44-F4-8-AF4-7171-E4-E5-AFCD.jpg

The South Stand net is still intact with 2 Stewards stood inside the net. A large presence of Stewards is in-front of the Villa fans.

F20-CE38-B-3-F54-4-DDE-B8-E2-CAAF2-ACFC149.jpg

Last edited:
The blame for that incident, as far as I'm concerned, lies with Michael Oliver and the perpetrator. The Bottler did his usual Pontius Pilate impersonation and the next thing to absolutely fuck all, as every PiGMOL ref does when it comes to goalkeepers taking the piss over goal kicks. Had he booked him for the blatant time wasting the first or second time instead of talking to Mings, who appeared to have fuck all influence, the crowd would have felt justice had been done and the goon who shoved him might have felt that the implementation of the LotG was sufficient. Refs are reluctant to impose the sanctions that the LotG make clear for fear of being controversial. It's the same all the way down the line - players getting away with a lecture when they should be booked, and ejected when all they get is the first yellow card. Typical of this was Attwell's abject performance the other week at every City corner. We are set piece kings, unbelievably, and so defenders have to rough house at corners to stop the likes of our CB's getting a clean head to the ball and scoring.
The blame lies with the perpetrators.

There were possibly hundreds of 'stewards/security' sat in position pitch side maybe 20 mins before the final whistle. They were almost shoulder to shoulder standing at the end of the game and could do nothing to stop hundreds of determined fans from accessing the pitch. The club had obviously factored in the pitch invasion scenario but 'stewards/security' personnel are not trained for that mass event nor are they particularly enthusiastic of entering into physical combat, perhaps not legally empowered either for the latter.
A police line, however, would have prevented and deterred any pitch invasion. Expensive but a practical solution, unlike points deduction. As has already been pointed out a points deduction could easily be 'engineered' by rival fans. Also, how many 'invading' fans would constitute such an event and subsequent points deduction, 6, 20, 50,100 fans? How many would the points deduction be? I point per invading fan? Points deduction a nonsense.
Installing fencing would mean that the lower rows of seating would have obstructed views. Even removable fencing would be hazardous in an emergency.
Easiest, most practical and effective way is to employ police as pitch perimeter guardians. Costly, yes. But the only answer. One police officer would be more effective than say 10 security people.
It is, unfortunately, only a matter of time with pitch invasions before somebody is seriously injured either by some character, who is 'fired' up by incidents in the game, or somebody who sets out with deliberate malicious intent.
Why should supporters who followed the club's request to stay off the pitch, have to pay more for tickets in future,because the club has to pay for extra security to manage the selfish fans who consider what they want is more important than what the club they follow wants ?.

Ha ha I get that thrown at me a lot from old metes, well those still alive and ex shipmates. I always reply......retired......well sort of lol!
Getting old now ......my legs are black and blue after running to the front of 109 after goal 2 and falling over then getting a pile on with me at the bottom .....I need to think before I join in mad stuff now.....minds willing.......

Why should supporters who followed the club's request to stay off the pitch, have to pay more for tickets in future,because the club has to pay for extra security to manage the selfish fans who consider what they want is more important than what the club they follow wants ?.

For fucks sake give it a rest you miserable fucker. Everyone moans football is too sterile, no atmosphere, plastic, tourist fans so on and so forth. Sunday was fucking brilliant, that's what football is all about. Fans put through the wringer right to the end of a nerve biting season, winning a game we were dead and buried in to win the title, then celebrating spontaneously in the manner fans have celebrated for decades, on the pitch in pure joy. Thousands on there, no problems bar one wind up keeper getting banged into, oh and some miserable fuckers finding it "Small time, distasteful" crying they had to wait ten extra minutes for the trophy presentation. I'd rather spend one minute alive as a fan who went on the pitch than a lifetime as one of the morning Minnie's crying about it. Let if fucking go.

For fucks sake give it a rest you miserable fucker. Everyone moans football is too sterile, no atmosphere, plastic, tourist fans so on and so forth. Sunday was fucking brilliant, that's what football is all about. Fans put through the wringer right to the end of a nerve biting season, winning a game we were dead and buried in to win the title, then celebrating spontaneously in the manner fans have celebrated for decades, on the pitch in pure joy. Thousands on there, no problems bar one wind up keeper getting banged into, oh and some miserable fuckers finding it "Small time, distasteful" crying they had to wait ten extra minutes for the trophy presentation. I'd rather spend one minute alive as a fan who went on the pitch than a lifetime as one of the morning Minnie's crying about it. Let if fucking go.
Wouldn't last 2 seconds in the old Kippax mate....soft cunts

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.