Pitch invasions

It’s an easy one to get on today after that “fuck the club, I’ll do what I want, consequences are for other people” display. ;-)

Mehh. You may be right, but personally I am not inclined to criticise people from the comfort of my chair in front of the television for going on the pitch once a year after spending ever increasing amounts on a season ticket and turning up every other week to cheer the team on, just because it upsets some advertising schedules which, let's face it, is the only real reason these things get such a bad press these days.

It's the same nonsense as banning Cheeseman from recording interviews in the ground when they have no chance of stopping anyone with a phone recording a game for youtube, like that French girl last week. Corporate sanitisation at the expense of fan enjoyment is all it is.

No, no one died but people do get injured as I can testify from both 93.20 and AV last season!!
The numpties who run on to the pitch don’t run in a straight line etc. they push and shove the people who are at the front sometimes almost over the wall in front of us. They actually climb on us and punch us as they pass. There are young kids doing the right thing but getting trampled on by the selfish ones who don’t give a care for what the club are asking or what they know the club are going to get fined for.
Last year it was a couple of weeks before the bruises on my back arms and legs completely disappeared! Plus the pain in my shoulder. Yes I do have a problem with my shoulder sometimes but it sure wasn’t helped by the huge guy who grabbed me by it as he pushed me out of the way!

So no no one died but it wasn’t a pleasant experIence and I’m really glad that I wasn’t there this year. And that makes me very sad as I waited for decades to be able to celebrate with the fans and the players after winning awards!
This.

The “it’s all good fun, what’s the problem, the club can deal with the fallout” posts are all nonsense.

Mehh. You may be right, but personally I am not inclined to criticise people from the comfort of my chair in front of the television for going on the pitch once a year after spending ever increasing amounts on a season ticket and turning up every other week to cheer the team on, just because it upsets some advertising schedules which, let's face it, is the only real reason these things get such a bad press these days.

It's the same nonsense as banning Cheeseman from recording interviews in the ground when they have no chance of stopping anyone with a phone recording a game for youtube, like that French girl last week. Corporate sanitisation at the expense of fan enjoyment is all it is.
People get hurt, pitch and equipment gets damaged, players are forced off the pitch, more police are called for crowd control (not like we have poor staffing there, of course), the club get fined, and other issues occur.

To act as if there are no real consequences is being either wholly ignorant or wilfully disingenuous.

It is no way like what is going on with Cheesy.

I'm surprised you lot in CBL3 and ESL3 who are moaning weren't more pissed off with the players, because by the time they finished celebrating in-front of the South Stand where most of the pitch invaders came from, half of you lot had f*cked off home.

It may have escaped your attention, but the Police stood in-front of the away end. The Stewards moved away, and the fans went on the pitch in an orderly manner. The fans eventually went back to their seats after 10 minutes. There was no trouble. There were no incidents.The Chelsea players went off. The goal wasn't damedged. It took longer than 10 minutes to erect the stage and to get all the media into place.

This faux outrage because City fans went on to the pitch, celebrated another title win, without causing any problems is frankly pathetic.

The pitch invasion aside, Pep and the players loved the support before, during and after the presentation. But some of you would convince yourselves and everyone else that had ruined everything.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.