Pitch invasions

So what if it’s considered small time?

Do we really wann be like the rags or Liverpool?
That's EXACTLY how they are behaving, like scousers!

"We want to go on the pitch so that's what we'll fucking do, who cares about safety or what happens to others who have to deal with the fallout. Not us! But guess what, we'll be back around later on to play the 'everyone hates us' card when the club gets fined or the papers start slating us"

Well actually I woke up to a text from a friend with a headline from the Daily Fail!!:

I think everyone on here by now, who reads my posts before during and after each match, knows my feelings about our biased, Specsavers needing media etc. but I definitely do not like waking up to the headline that the players that I admire and pay good money to go and watch (when I am able) are FLEEING the pitch!!

So actually it is a story, albeit not yet a big story but it will probably gather momentum!! And not one I like being woken up to thank you. :-(
:-)

EDIT: p.s. luckily my laptop has an aversion somehow to our media and appears to freeze if ever I try to access the media.
I get a message stating that the page is not responding whenever I try and read anything apart from BBC on my laptop, although my iPad and iPhone do not appear to share this aversion!!! *lol*
If there hadn't been a pitch invasion there'd have just been a different headline that was detrimental
to the club, you know that.
Daily Mail are also running a piece that puts the price tag of each player on the City bench. The irony being that Chelsea probably had a dearer bench and they weren't resting three quarters of their team

If there hadn't been a pitch invasion there'd have just been a different headline that was detrimental
Daily Mail are also running a piece that puts the price tag of each player on the City bench. The irony being that Chelsea probably had a dearer bench and they weren't resting three quarters of their team
Lol, the Mail headline and story is factually right mate, you are wrong for trying to explain it away. What fans did was wrong,plain and simple. There are so many things that we can rightly challenge back against the media, this is not one of them

As has been said, yesterday felt a bit forced but I don't particularly mind the pitch invasions. I prefer it to the club's staged "you will sing whatever we play over the speakers" approach and waiting 15 minutes for a pointlessly convoluted purple stage to be constructed.
Absolutely with you with the contrived sing along bollocks. We even have a band that creates citified versions of songs now. It's as bad as the bloke on the tannoy leading the chants.

Ffs, I think we know how to chant don't we?

Trying to bring down the goal posts again. What the fuck is wrong with them? Delaying everything.

Really fucking winds me up.
Not that arsed about the actual pitch invasion to be honest.I am row 2 South Stand Lower, could of gone on but chose no too. I agree that trying to bring the goal post down is out of order though, what the fuck is all that about.?

That's true. Everyone would be sat in the stand waiting for the shitty PL set to be put up, looking bored as fuck.

Maybe that could have been the time for a ten minute Poznan. The club could have stuck goals from loads of the matches on the big screens, there could have been singing. We could have unfurled some champions banner in the crowd.... I dunno... There are things we could do other than look bored, but it doesn't appear the club had any plans for that time - maybe they should have done?

Mind you, any plans would have gone out the window when everyone went on the pitch anyway.

£260,000 fine for the last pitch invasion, who knows how much fine it will multiply to for a repeated violation, or worse.

He got banned because he broke the regulations that's the point. Bleating on about the punishment is tough titty for any crime or misdemeanour in my book. What I was pointing out was the fact that you'll never get another seasoncard if you lose your current one.

So you're an expert in sport and event finance, tell us then, where do the extra costs disappear to? Those stewards are working for free are they?

Yeah I don’t dispute that. I can’t help but feel sorry for him though. But yeah, City are not going to ban thousands of people. But if you’re crazy enough to email them and tell them, you might get banned. Obviously that would be terrible for anyone.

The security and stewards are a separate company, they do the areana and lots of festivals. Just as the bar staff are a separate company, and the ticket and access control tech is a separate company. They would not dare try and add money, they’d lose their contract in a heartbeat. It’s such a competive market.

I know where you’re coming from, but the financial implications won’t impact the fans. This is like the 6th time we’ve done it, they expect it, it’s prepared for. I thought they did a great job of speeding up. My point is simply that I like it, because it separate us from the prawn sandwhich brigade.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.