PL charge City for alleged breaches of financial rules

Not quite. He was manager in 2011/12 and the following season, the first two under FFP.

But this isn't about FFP. It's about 'hiding' some of his remuneration using this Al Jazira consultancy contract. I suspect they're saying that we should have paid him that £1.5m through our accounts, so have understated our expenses.

But that amount makes sod all difference. If it had been £10m then that's probably something to worry about but not £1.5m. It's just not material.
So they have to prove a link between us and a Al Jazira, and that we paid them money to cover Mancini’s TV contract. Parallels with Messi’s 20m consultancy contract with the Qatar tourist board

I’m no lawyer but I don’t buy any of this “private club and no recourse in the courts” narrative.

This will 100% end up in the courts as nothing and no one operates outside of the law.

My opinion for what it's worth is that City will be offered a deal to not go to the high court, a slap on the wrist if we accept guilt of some kind.

If we do accept that and fall into line I wont have anything more to do with the club, but if we adopt a scorched earth policy I am off to the club shop to stock up on scarves, the decision is theirs to make.

Parker always like to be centre stage.
I don't know him, never heard of him, but to say that is shit! Is this the type of person who is involved with the supporters club? No wonder the "legacy" fans are rapidly falling out of love with City. Talk about playing into other clubs fans hands. WANKER!!

Agree 100%
I know from experience that It's difficult to explain something in simplistic terms when so many cases are so complicated and although you can use past cases as an example, each one has a unique set of circumstances.
My own view is that this is a witch hunt designed to cause as much reputational damage as possible.
They've already succeeded in this regard as we've been hung, drawn and quartered already in the court of public opinion.
I'm with you in regard to them having difficulty proving their allegations but to use another analogy, they've thrown 100 pieces of shit at us in the hope that some of it will stick.
They have the same trump card that Uefa “won” on. Our failure to cooperate. It’s the only thing they can make stick. However this time we have not admitted to the Court that we deliberately failed to provide info. That is the only reason why CAS fined us because we admitted it. Here the message has been clear that we have provided copious and full evidence support and information to the premier league during their investigation. In fact if you read the quotes back in 2019 from the PL they said they were really happy with our level of engagement and cooperation. I wonder What changed in the last 4 years…?

They have the same trump card that Uefa “won” on. Our failure to cooperate. It’s the only thing they can make stick. However this time we have not admitted to the Court that we deliberately failed to provide info. That is the only reason why CAS fined us because we admitted it. Here the message has been clear that we have provided copious and full evidence support and information to the premier league during their investigation. In fact if you read the quotes back in 2019 from the PL they said they were really happy with our level of engagement and cooperation. I wonder What changed in the last 4 years…?

We won and not gone away while the scum been a bag of shit won nought club

Last edited:
From the BBC, is Kevin Parker really the GS of the supporters club?? If so would he (or any City fan) say that the past achievements would be tainted??
What an absolute fuckin bellend, More ammunition for the press too. Why do some of our fans make it easier for these Cunts to keep laying into our club. Keep your fuckin mouth shut

What an absolute fuckin bellend, More ammunition for the press too. Why do some of our fans make it easier for these Cunts to keep laying into our club. Keep your fuckin mouth shut

You've got to be an absolute idiot to think that football is clean and they ain't all "At it", but to start navel gazing in public like a soy boy is embarrassing.

You've got to be an absolute idiot to think that football is clean and they ain't all "At it", but to start navel gazing in public like a soy boy is embarrassing.
As far as I am concerned, I don't give a shiny shit where the money came from (within reason) all I care about is the massive steps and progress the club has made.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.