PL charge City for alleged breaches of financial rules

We should all chip in a few quid to get the £8k to have an hour with this lawyer and ask if we can sue the premier league for lost sleep. It'll be a waste of money, and he'll laugh his arse off for 58 of those minutes, but it might endear him to the club.

If this was the good old US of A then there would be a class action from fans already in the making, emotional distress, defamation of character and why not, loss of sleep :). All queued up ready to go once we are cleared

As far as I am concerned, I don't give a shiny shit where the money came from (within reason) all I care about is the massive steps and progress the club has made.
I care about match fixing, clean matches, security of games, honesty of officials etc.. I don't give a damn about the financial workings of any club. Whether they satisfy arbitrary and newly promulgated rules from people with agenda or not. I fail to see why any intelligent City fan should waste their time engaging and entertaining our media adversaries.

Last edited:
In my opinion the PL is done as a regulator if not as a competition. The result is nuclear for whoever loses based upon the weight of the allegations.
The PL must know this and also the consequences for themselves. Either they have credible evidence or they don't, and I'm not including the creative accounting that goes on all the time by all companies. Not only will City have to be guilty, they will have lied to everyone as well throughout. This is just inconceivable to all us blues. My suspicion is the PL must have been given a "do this or else" ultimatum.

My opinion for what it's worth is that City will be offered a deal to not go to the high court, a slap on the wrist if we accept guilt of some kind.

If we do accept that and fall into line I wont have anything more to do with the club, but if we adopt a scorched earth policy I am off to the club shop to stock up on scarves, the decision is theirs to make.

Problem is that IF we accept any guilt (ie take another pinch....looking at you Khaldoon) then we open ourselves up to actions from other premier league clubs who can then argue they have lost revenue or silverware as a result of our actions. In other words, it goes on and on. I don't believe we would be stupid enough to let that happen

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.