PL charge City for alleged breaches of financial rules

They have the same trump card that Uefa “won” on. Our failure to cooperate. It’s the only thing they can make stick. However this time we have not admitted to the Court that we deliberately failed to provide info. That is the only reason why CAS fined us because we admitted it. Here the message has been clear that we have provided copious and full evidence support and information to the premier league during their investigation. In fact if you read the quotes back in 2019 from the PL they said they were really happy with our level of engagement and cooperation. I wonder What changed in the last 4 years…?
If this goes the way you are suggesting it will, how completely ridiculous will the PL look. Coercion from other "parties" springs to mind, it really does. I just cannot believe the PL would embark on this under its own accord.

If this goes the way you are suggesting it will, how completely ridiculous will the PL look. Coercion from other "parties" springs to mind, it really does. I just cannot believe the PL would embark on this under its own accord.
In my opinion the PL is done as a regulator if not as a competition. The result is nuclear for whoever loses based upon the weight of the allegations.

I think you're both probably right - handed over, but not reviewed/considered because it was time-barred.
I think the club would have wanted to be obviously cooperative with CAS, but the first legal move came down to whether it was barred.

The fine for not cooperating was probably not something worth arguing. The leaky UEFA committee had already been raised with CAS, but you have to fine people for not cooperating, or the next time will see no cooperation at all.
They admitted non cooperation. CAS had no choice but to fine us. That is not the case with the PL. City have confirmed full engagement and cooperation with the investigation.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.