PL charge City for alleged breaches of financial rules

And that would be fine wouldn't it? Then everyone can say there was pressure on them via Abu Dhabi and we therefore must have something to hide.

We can win battles but we can probably never truly win this war. I think I'll be crying all the way to Wembley and our trophy parades.
I don’t want them to drop the case, I want City to provide the documents that show the Etisalat deal wasn’t being funded by ADUG. None of time barred excuse, I want us to be fully cleared.

And the media ignores the real whistleblowers:

FaKzaZrWIAAyh0j
i remember this coming out,i may be wrong but was he put under a gaging order or something to do with losing money and he went very quite

I read through the entire CAS award today and I really think they lay out everything we need to know about this case.

Specifically, CAS asked what evidence Mr Lindsay, UEFA’s financial witness would need to prove their allegations. And he replied -
"[...] that exercise requires extensive access to accounting records that - - I talk about reviewing contemporaneous emails, relevant documents, board papers, where in essence it would have to be a very wide-ranging review to try to determine whether or not these payment mechanisms happened or not and it would require access not only to the books and records of the Club, of which I've seen very little, but more importantly it would require access to the books and records of both of the sponsors
There is simply no way that the Premier League have been rooting through the accounts and bank records of the other parties involved here. Whether that’s sponsors, or Mancini, or Fordham, or players.
It would require police powers to find City guilty of these charges.
I mean logically this has to be the case isnt it? City accounts are simply going to show x amount of money from the sponsors. Whether the sponsors themselves got the money from somewhere or not is simply a different route. Even the higher ups at city like Ferran and Txiki will not know the trial if Khaldoon arranged something with the Etihad (hypothetically). Why/how could they know?

As others have mentioned, if a whistleblower player/manager steps forward and shows his back account receiving money from UAE related account every year (and he has to have some kind of evidence that this money is coming from city's owners) it seems impossible.

And that would be fine wouldn't it? Then everyone can say there was pressure on them via Abu Dhabi and we therefore must have something to hide.

We can win battles but we can probably never truly win this war. I think I'll be crying all the way to Wembley and our trophy parades.
As far as I am concerned, if we win this case the war is won. The media, the people and akk their opinions will be as irrelevant as they have always been

From a mate (I am only a messenger!):

"Spoke with an MP mate who I won't say (there are some good ones BTW). The Dept of Culture, Media and Sport (think current sports minister is Lucy Fraser) are incandescent with the PL's antics and the push for the independent regulator is being accelerated. Furthermore there are lots of shit stick stories on the horizon about the PL, backhanders etc, going to come out in due course inc monopoly corruption in regards to tv revenues and access. Bottom line is they are supporters of City as a catalyst for change".

It's interesting from the point of view that independent regulation could come in before our hearing takes place. If that happens, our charges could well be reviewed and even dropped.
I'd love that to be true but we've heard about corruption stories about to hit the fan for a long time and nothing public has happened. The loss of face for the PL if they drop the charges would be so severe they would have to lose their executives and advisors.

She’s quoting Guardiola, in what world is that even remotely close to being libellous?

It’s annoying, it’s a bit childish and she’s got an awful voice, but you can’t claim everything you don’t like is libel.

I think her voice is sexy as fuck..

It’s not libellous agreed. It’s inflammatory and feeds into the media frenzy. But she’s simply proving Pep’s point..

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.