PL charge City for alleged breaches of financial rules

Since when does “No evidence” (innocent) become “insufficient evidence” (not guilty). As far as I am aware CAS maintained a verdict of No Evidence for all of the charges other than non co-operation

CAS only gave one verdict - to partially uphold the UEFA punishment.

The conclusion they came to on the Sponsorship point - the closest thing to a verdict on individual charges - is that "The panel is not comfortably satisfied that MCFC disguised equity funding from HHSM and/or ADUG as sponsorship from Etihad.

The reason you've heard "no evidence" used is because they do use it for parts of UEFA's case, but also part of City's. Same with insufficient evidence.

So no, sorry, the never maintained a "verdict of no evidence for the charges" UEFA brought.

UEFA couldn't prove the charges to the satisfaction of the CAS panel. Which was good enough then and will be good enough versus the PL too.

Last edited:
I answered that to someone else a few hundred pages back. No we will not. It is not our owners style and there is no guarantee of success. Journos will say they were reporting in the news of the times and the entities will say they were made aware of allegations and it was appropriate for them to investigate. They will quietly revel in the PL and “19”’s defeat with a big cigar and a smug glow of satisfaction. In my opinion of course.
As to the PL lawyer cost presumably it is paid for out of the budget. PL is fairly wealthy you know…

We don't need to sue, we will have merely cemented our powerbase in the corridors of power, just like PSG did by refusing to sign up for the Super League.

Good to see that Pep’s words have at least resulted in the club getting our side across in the press this weekend. Feels a little less one-sided, for once.

Ric unfortunately I was posting before your post in that I don’t don’t do Twitter Facebook etc I’m here on bluemoon for a reason it’s totally independent from the bull shit media what some or most us gladly avoid . Yes I get it’s nice for a change in a slight angle the media are reporting on . I personally don’t give a flying one what the media think of us the ships sailed and the anti City tweets or whatever people post or paste . As I say couldn’t give a flying fook about the media no more . Or social media this is our go to place.

Up the blues .

Here's another prize cnut

Urgh these clowns are so full of themselves. They provoke and then when given a response stand around proclaiming innocence.

The most annoying thing about the original FFP failure was City said they didn't agree with UEFA's conclusions and were trying to put a line under the whole affair. Khaldoon explained all this!

Actually the most annoying thing is the non-compliance at CAS thing. My memory may be hazy because it's not my actual job to be knowledgeable about what I write BUT the non-compliance fine was reduced by 2/3rds. This is not the evidence for cheating that people portray. CAS even said if we had given to UEFA what we presented at CAS then UEFA wouldn't have even charged us. UEFA were responsible for the charges being time barred as they didn't charge us in time and that is their flipping rule.

Perhaps Pep wouldn't be so bullish about the innocent before guilty thing if there still wasn't the insinuation of guilt after CAS

Suspect that if the case is dropped there will have been some discussion and agreement with us not to go after them. Think I’d like this to go all the way so we are totally vindicated with no room for doubt
You could be right. I agree that any deal should include a total vindication. Anything less should be unacceptable to City.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.