PL charge City for alleged breaches of financial rules

I know we all find it funny but I wonder why he felt the need to mention slippy? That more than anything else he said will get the media up in arms. They fucking love that fanny wipe.
Seems to me he was sarcastically saying ne agreed with the media at the time who suggested that incident was responsible for our PL title ignoring all our seasons hard work.

I found that bit interesting where - just after he said twice that he ‘will never forget what the nine have done, never forget what the nine have done’ (get the fuck out of Burnley for fuck’s sake Vinny!) - Pep said when he was at Bayern he was listening to what they were saying and it was built from day one… I interpreted that to mean that Bayern were also trying to build the same case against City as the nine.

Last edited by a moderator:
No time barring - how far back can you go?

Seriously is it 1992 when the prem league formed? Pep made a point about a precedent being set so that’s a lot of dirt that could well be brought up. Corruption from match fixing, bribery, lobbying, collusion etc etc don’t tell me it’s not been happening.

I’m really intrigued what could come up. If the lid comes off could this be like a “me too” moment with scandals & jail sentences.

Who knows, maybe even knighthoods could be stripped.

On what basis are the media saying there is no time barring? Given that the charges have to be decided based on English law which has a limitation period of 6 years I find that difficult to understand. Is it simply wishful thinking?

I did Not say the premier league will disappear, just the interested parties agenda. That is the point of an independent regulator.
Sorry, I read the words “replacing the PL” as replacing the PL in its entirety.

On what basis are the media saying there is no time barring? Given that the charges have to be decided based on English law which has a limitation period of 6 years I find that difficult to understand. Is it simply wishful thinking?
It is because the 6 year clock I believe starts ticking from when the issue was discovered not when they were alleged to have occurred

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.