PL charge City for alleged breaches of financial rules

It's time to go on the offensive. No more Mr nice guy City. Sheik Mansour might consider sueing the premier league for changing the rules after he bought the club. If he'd known the premier league would change the rules, so that City could not be as competitive as other leading clubs, he may not have bought the club. Why would anyone invest in a business if the regulator had the power to limit that business's profits? Never mind the authorities holding fit and proper person tests for the owners of clubs. When will the clubs get fit and proper people in charge at the premier league? Nonsense. Ffp = farcical financial planning.

If he was the business owner, then it could potentially be a related party transaction and subject to the market value test that would have been applicable under FFP at the time. I don't think it was for a huge amount so I'm not too bothered about that side of things.

I can't remember the exact dates of that arrangement but it might have been just before FFP came in (so no rules against it other than a general requirement to declare any Related Party transactions.) We didn't declare it so clearly thought it wasn't an RPT. It's possible that FFP came in and we felt that it was a problem, and Etisalat therefore reimbursed ADUG.
It sounds like the premier league case is built on quicksand. This will be the easiest few quid Kings Council Pannick ever made if he gets our ducks in a row. Quack quack.

No time barring - how far back can you go?

Seriously is it 1992 when the prem league formed? Pep made a point about a precedent being set so that’s a lot of dirt that could well be brought up. Corruption from match fixing, bribery, lobbying, collusion etc etc don’t tell me it’s not been happening.

I’m really intrigued what could come up. If the lid comes off could this be like a “me too” moment with scandals & jail sentences.

Who knows, maybe even knighthoods could be stripped.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.