PL charge City for alleged breaches of financial rules

They are fighting for their own survival in terms of governance here as they know the government is coming for them, something that we support.

Vested interests at every single and with certain clubs ensuring certain people get certain jobs at the PL, its no surprise in the way this is unfolding.

This is their very last chance to see us off, the very last

Utd. Liverpool, Arsenal etc lose their grip of power and influence once the white paper comes in and is implemented and they know it.

But governments can't directly influence a league or UEFA and FIFA can ompose bans of their own. But, they can facilitate independent, Impartial governance... which this government is totally incapable of doing.
I agree the PL will be in a battle to retain their influence if an independent regulator is imposed on football, however any such regulator will need experience of the game at the top level otherwise those representing the top clubs will be able to coerce them into actions for their own benefit.
Is there a person with that experience who could be relied upon to regulate without showing bias? The record of this government suggests they'd appoint David Gill, Arsenne Wegner, Gary the Goatfeeder or Rick Parry.

If I can borrow money to invest, then why I can't invest my own money into my own business ?

As far as i know there is nothing in the business that limit the investment on revenue except in football after the new ownership of City.

They are not looking to protect anyone but the " cartel" clubs.
Flip side to that argument though is that there needed to be some form of rule to stop limitless spending, otherwise it would have created an unfair battlefield as a team could just keep on inflating the fees. Problem though is that it was just aimed at City and done wrongly.

I could actually see Spurs being the biggest mouthpiece for the nasty nine. When Pep mentioned Levy it was because of this, or that he wouldn't play ball with the Kane transfer. Either way, Levy has definitely done something to piss us off
It goes back to those couple of seasons we were both going for that 4th CL spot remember? I’m sure they pipped us once and we repaid the favour? Spurs have this image of themselves as being rightfully one of the cartel , it’s a title that was given to them at the onset of the PL, they never ever have been a bigger club than City , but Levy like I’ve said before , wears the club round his neck like a beastie boy Volkswagen badge. We got taken over by people who genuinely aimed at what happens on the pitch , he’s just a bitter , fork in the sugar bowl twat.

I found that bit interesting where - just after he said twice that he ‘will never forget what the nine have done, never forget what the nine have done’ (get the fuck out of Burnley for fuck’s sake Vinny!) - Pep said when he was at Bayern he was listening to what they were saying and it was built from day one… I interpreted that to mean that Bayern were also trying to build the same case against City as the nine.

That is stretching it I think. I genuinely think he just means the timing, that this narrative was built feom the moment we became a threat. And will unfortunately always be there in some capacity.

I'm sure someone can find a gif of a crowd pushing someone who is reluctant to the front of the group who then shits it looking at what he's facing.
giphy.gif

Whatever the outcome, whenever that should be, one thing is certain. our rivals and the gutter press/TV will feast on it.

If we get severe punishment, they will say "The cheats have been punished as they deserve. The game will be all the better and cleaner without them".

If we get off with a comparatively lighter set of sanctions, they will be up in arms about how "dishonest crooks escape with a rap over the knuckles, and the PL has missed a chance to whack them good and proper".

But if by some chance we arecleared of all charges, or virtually all, the moral outrage will be deafening. Remember what happened after the CAS ruling. Should we get off, there will be endless screams of how we "bought" the verdict with our "limitless resources", and how unjust it is that the cheats prosper while the "noble" clubs soldier on bravely against our oil money. On Tuesday Henry Winter's article had the big headline "CITY MUST BE PUNISHED if found guilty".

I think it's pretty obvious where he stands. I remember after the CAS verdict his article was headlined "City being cleared doesn't mean they are innocent".

Nor is he alone in all this, I'm afraid. The cockroaches have already made their minds up.
As Pep said, we have already been condemned. People have judged us already thanks to the media and that we are being observed by football fans who are totally biased and emotional. If City are cleared of the charges the emotional mob will draw their own conclusions based on what they read on social media or what their mates say. They will not allow the facts to spoil a good story. As City fans we will have to live with that. The cartel clubs will have a victory of sorts if that happens. Twats.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.