PL charge City for alleged breaches of financial rules

Not sure how correct that is. The PL will still exist as an organization and business and competition. It will only lose its ability to self regulate its members and rules. That will be vested in an independent regulator.

So, pretty much what he said then.

very much hoping that the hacking scandal of will come back to the spotlight, and also the asthma issue of the Pool squad will be investigated properly by PL. we need to get these kind of dirts to pop up and have the media create bunch of articles about them.
even is many of them would happily brush in under the carpet.

I agree the PL will be in a battle to retain their influence if an independent regulator is imposed on football, however any such regulator will need experience of the game at the top level otherwise those representing the top clubs will be able to coerce them into actions for their own benefit.
Is there a person with that experience who could be relied upon to regulate without showing bias? The record of this government suggests they'd appoint David Gill, Arsenne Wegner, Gary the Goatfeeder or Rick Parry.

Bernstein ;)

Connections in government, you say?

Very good point here:

4 year investigation and they made 6 errors releasing the charges.

It's almost as though something made them rush the statement through...the white tape from the government perhaps? Or other clubs leaning on them?

Either way it's ridiculous that after 4 years the statement had errors in it.

The clubs have been pushing from day one , so it almost certainly related to the independent regulator.

I am probably going to get shot down but having delivered his brilliant attacks on the PL , media, and the jealousy of the clubs in the PL, I hope Pep now stops with his attacks and puts his efforts into galvanising the team into showing their true capabilities.

I'm sure there have been valid reasons for the iffy displays and results, but a settled and focussed team is now the priority imo.

He has attacked the detractors with his words, but now he has to prove that the players are totally onboard and wanting to prove that we are where we are on merit, and not as suggested by so many, simply because of the money.

Start today by beating Villa solidly and then push on to Arsenal with real conviction.

The supporters are fully behind him and appreciate his conviction, let's prove him right.

Dodging sanctions to benefit their club , but the plebs at the PL won’t turn over that stone , they’re “establishment”. Like Scudamore once said “A successful Manchester United” is good for the premier league , and that comment says it all.
What they did was knowingly deceive the authorities in this case UEFA. Writing off 50m to watch the grass grow at Stanley Park was outright bare faced and blatant deception.They knew eggsakkkly what they were doing was total maleficence.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.