PL charge City for alleged breaches of financial rules

So, other CEOs are reaching out with messages of support to Levy? Pah! Words are cheap. The guy needs some practical assistance not platitudes.

So, if I set up a Just Giving page to raise some money to get him an emotional support animal, will some of you put your hands in your pockets?

I don't know the going rates but if we could raise enough for an emotional support crocodile, that would help the situation with him a lot I think.

I am probably going to get shot down but having delivered his brilliant attacks on the PL , media, and the jealousy of the clubs in the PL, I hope Pep now stops with his attacks and puts his efforts into galvanising the team into showing their true capabilities.

I'm sure there have been valid reasons for the iffy displays and results, but a settled and focussed team is now the priority imo.

He has attacked the detractors with his words, but now he has to prove that the players are totally onboard and wanting to prove that we are where we are on merit, and not as suggested by so many, simply because of the money.

Start today by beating Villa solidly and then push on to Arsenal with real conviction.

The supporters are fully behind him and appreciate his conviction, let's prove him right.
Think everyone - us, rival fans, players, journals - need to just accept this is taking months or years, is behind closed doors, and will leave everyone feeling a bit unsatisfied. But in the meantime there's football to play.

I am probably going to get shot down but having delivered his brilliant attacks on the PL , media, and the jealousy of the clubs in the PL, I hope Pep now stops with his attacks and puts his efforts into galvanising the team into showing their true capabilities.

I'm sure there have been valid reasons for the iffy displays and results, but a settled and focussed team is now the priority imo.

He has attacked the detractors with his words, but now he has to prove that the players are totally onboard and wanting to prove that we are where we are on merit, and not as suggested by so many, simply because of the money.

Start today by beating Villa solidly and then push on to Arsenal with real conviction.

The supporters are fully behind him and appreciate his conviction, let's prove him right.
The media cannot complain after the years of lies and abuse City and in particular our owners have suffered.

The phrase "if you cant take it don't dish it out" comes to mind.

The nedia may well get up in arms as you put it because he is taking the piss out of them and others with his comment.

What he is not doing is taking the piss out of Gerrard or Liverpool, who, for the umpteenth time, he praises highly in his comments in that presser (pointing out that City and Liverpool have raised the bar for the other teams).

Only the lazy and / or stupid would take Pep's comment the wrong way.
It quite intentionally takes umbrage on behalf of other clubs every time he says something for two reasons.
1. They know their own part in sustaining the lie he has just discredited and they know it is them he is ridiculing.
2. Deflecting their part in 1 above to double down on the lie, by making out that it is a slight on another club.
Keep the hate going.

Last edited:

I agree with you. From now on he should refuse to comment on anything to do with the case, leave that to the club and lawyers.

very much hoping that the hacking scandal of will come back to the spotlight, and also the asthma issue of the Pool squad will be investigated properly by PL. we need to get these kind of dirts to pop up and have the media create bunch of articles about them.
even is many of them would happily brush in under the carpet.
It’s not a coincidence they are on their year off cycle of the Asthma meds and their performance this season is average at best… let that sink in. Doesn’t give them an advantage though, nope not one bit.

Don’t know if anyone has already posted this but here is an alternative view from, of all places, The Sun.

Best line at the end

But in the Premier League it seems jealous rivals and d*** head rules are more intent on trying to sink them.

The slippy G comment. Genius. Think unfortunately it will go over many (in the media)'s heads.

Arguably, uncalled for, 'distasteful', spiteful even. But, clever as fuck, for two reasons.

1, reinforcing the idea Pep doesn't forget. It was only what 8 months ago the whole media had whipped up a frenzy of the 'revenge' of steven Gerrard depriving us of the title on the final day, and hammered home that script till it almost almost materialised, and got giddy over it. And we overcame it. It was clearly aimed at them, and they didn't even notice.

2. Mind games, beautiful mind games. The arsenal team watching that, will start twitching. Slowly, eventually, but it will creep in there, the idea they can slip up at any point and that is all it takes.
1. Oh they noticed.
2. They are already twitching.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.