PL charge City for alleged breaches of financial rules

Don’t know if anyone has already posted this but here is an alternative view from, of all places, The Sun.

Wow, somebody at last saying it as they see it.

This fella should be invited to a match and be given a free day at ours, that piece he written was absolutely brilliant.

Nailed it.

My recollection is that:
Fordham (or whatever the name was at the time) paid City XX million for the image rights, giving an immediate boost to our figures. I think it was about 25-30M, which was a big percentage of the club income.
Image rights then were handled by Fordham in their entirety - PB has said earlier (I think I have this right) that image rights aren't wages, and the club don't have to include them.
The trouble is that Fordham are an ADUG company, and as no-one had done this before in English football, it could be viewed as owner investment, or exceeding fair value. I don't know if it's known what the repayment plan was, if any.

What ended up happening was that UEFA changed the rules of what was covered by FFP, and the revised version included related companies like Fordham; City brought the rights back in-house and collapsed the company.

I don't know how it feeds into the charges.

It was a financial lever! Once again we lead, the others follow.

No-one should be sending those quotes to any MPs if they have an interest in presenting a view of corruption in the game as in any way credible - the full quotes aren’t true, and will only give credence to the idea neither side on this debate has a grip of the facts!
I don’t think emails sent by a few fans will have any bearing on the proceedings or on our barrister’s case

I don’t think emails sent by a few fans will have any bearing on the proceedings or on our barrister’s case

No - that’s obvious. And I’m not sure how you got that intention from anything I said.

But if you want a Minister to acknowledge there is corruption in the game, then sending her made up quotes is unlikely to help that cause.

I hope you're thinking about the same clubs that I am.
City have baulked at several deals recently due to what they see as unreasonable transfer fees, agents fees, wages or a combination of these.
Off the top of my head Cucurella, Maguire, Fred, Sanchez and I suspect many others too.
Jordan would know all about a clubs demise after he almost sent Palace under and lost a fortune of his own money doing so.
Even a broken clock is right twice a day but I wouldn't give Jordan any credence with his track record in football ownership.
The very same clubs
;- )

I caught Reddy saying that the charges don't relate to breaking FFP rules but PL rules without highlighting which rules have been broken, with a tone that we're guilty because we've been accused.
Sounds about right, she could have phrased it more in her style “Dem people is guilty of no not wot, but know dem done it”!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.