PL charge City for alleged breaches of financial rules

Thanks for that.
I think that in general image rights have to be charged somewhere in the accounts, if not to player remuneration then operating costs?
The arrangement with Fordham and the accounting treatment I assume would have been cleared with auditors.
I don't see how we can be charged for not operating in good faith if we have double-checked things and then changed it when the rules became clearer that we couldn't continue this.

We really need to fully clear our name and counter attack the pl and other clubs once this is over.

The narrative is already ‘brown envelopes’ now the pl have changed the charges against us due to their own incompetence

The more I think about this case, the more I think there might be almost nothing to it in terms of us being ‘guilty’.

I genuinely think it has been put on us due to extreme pressure from the red clubs (plus a couple of others like Spurs (lol)), in order to tie one of our arms behind our back for a few years.

They want City to have a bad rep, for players to be put off from joining us, for fans to not want to go to games, for our success to be under minded while the case is still active. They want Pep’s time at the club to be stunted because they know we’ll dominate domestically during his time here.

This was the real goal of what’s happened.

Last edited:
City should write to the league and demand access to the 19 clubs accounts.

Come on them? Let’s get it all out and see who is hiding what!

Glass houses and all that.
Once one door opens all clubs should be investigated to protect the integrity of the league, it’s scandalous that it’s just us when teams with less money are more likely to fiddle around with figures

Liverpool dodged a £50m FFP bullet with their write off on a stadium development plan that never happened I seem to recall.

Without that ruse they would have failed FFP.

Not a single club nor company in the UK will not push every single law to the absolute limits operationally, not one.
Liverpool did fail FFP!

The Liverpool FFP thing is proper dodgy.

Liverpool failed FFP in 2011-12 and 2012-13 with a combined £90m worth of losses over that two year monitoring period and would have been punished by UEFA. However, strangely(!), they managed to not qualify for Europe at all that season therefore didn’t have to provide their books to be investigated by UEFA and they got away with it… you could even say that they ‘got away on a technicality’ like they like to say about City and UEFA/CAS!

On the way to securing their non-qualification for Europe, they went out of the FA Cup to League One Oldham Athletic and had drawn an odd amount of games (13) with some questionable performances which was the main reason they ended up finishing down in 7th in the Prem, below Everton.

Make of that what you will!

Bearing in-mind that Liverpool finished a close second to us the season after.

My lad showed me this. Not recent is it
I'm pretty certain it's not accurate either, I'm sure he only said something about changing reports after the game. The match fixing, spot betting and ending up in court stuff I think is a disingenuous addition by someone.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.