PL charge City for alleged breaches of financial rules

Surely we have (been accused of)? The charges for most years are for not providing accounts by the relevant date. Either we haven’t provided them at all for 9 out of 15 years and the pl have somehow only just noticed after a 4 year investigation.. or we have provided them and they claim they’ve been falsified. If they allege we’ve provided falsified accounts that’s surely a legal matter. Which is all the more bizarre that the pl have uncovered this and not HMRC

The alleged breaches include one that we didn't "provide annual accounts that comply with all applicable legal and regulatory requirements." I raised a few days ago that this may just mean that we didn't comply with PL rules for some supplementary information (PL rules being a regulatory requirement), but was shot down by people on here who know the most about it, who said that, if the charges are the same as at CAS (plus one or two others, which they very probably are), Etihad for example that we were disguising equity funding as sponsorship income, then that would imply fraud.

I am not necessarily sure I agree, but I am not a lawyer.

Little Gary Neville has said the following....

'But I do think when you present figures that are higher than Manchester United's commercial revenue, it is going to start raising eyebrows because Manchester United are global superpower when it comes to commercial revenue, so I can see why the Premier League are looking into it."

City have the best manager in the world, some of the best players, playing great football, significant investment globally, great leadership and become a global brand etc etc so it is not that surprising City are rubbing shoulders with old elite.

Utd have been a club in decline for some time with limited investment in the club with the exception of transfers etc.

So, to use a parallel, I know Amazon are not perfect in some ways. They were a pipedream of Bezos approx 2000.

Things change Gary. I think what he really means is he is envious...just admit it Gary. The tectonic plates have shifted Gary. Wake up.

'But I do think when you present figures that are higher than Manchester United's commercial revenue, it is going to start raising eyebrows because Manchester United are global superpower when it comes to commercial revenue, so I can see why the Premier League are looking into it."

City have the best manager in the world, some of the best players, playing great football, significant investment globally, great leadership and become a global brand etc etc so it is not that surprising City are rubbing shoulders with old elite.

Utd have been a club in decline for some time with limited investment in the club with the exception of transfers etc.

So, to use a parallel, I know Amazon are not perfect in some ways. They were a pipedream of Bezos approx 2000.

Things change Gary. I think what he really means is he is envious...just admit it Gary. The tectonic plates have shifted Gary. Wake up.

Neville is an idiot. He should look at commercial revenue as a % of broadcast income and stop talking emotional rubbish.

I actually get the point he is making, but surely the counter is that City have matched their sponsorship (why shouldn't the LA Lakers be as big as the New York Knicks) and actually performed on the pitch.

Speaks to a fundamental truth: what United did in the 90s wasn't special, it was ahead of the curve. That is business and football.

Plus, we beat them to women's football, beat them to FIFA eSports, we have an academy pumping out £10m players etc

hahaha global superpower?, I bet 90% of those shirts you see on the streets around the world are all fake made in china or some doggy corner shop with silk screen .

Reactions: Bez

Neville is talking shite, either deliberately or because he's a fucking ignoramus.

He's one of those ignorant rags who'll claim because they get bigger attendances than City (as well as usually adding the bullshit that City have no fans, can't fill the stadium, etc.) City can't earn higher revenues than them while failing to understand that ticket sales account for a relatively minor part of revenue.

The big money is is broadcast revenue and with City hoovering up trophies for fun over more than a decade, going deep into most other competitions in most of those seasons and, unlike our domestic rivals, playing Champions League football in each of the last 12 seasons City are coining it. 2020-21 is a prime example. PL champions, League Cup winners. Champions League finalists and FA Cup semi finalists. Far more broadcast revenue than any of our rivals.

Last edited:
This was the CAS finding:

EeBssdMXkAAv7w9

It is hugely relevant again!

If you ever feel nervous, or the bullies make you think that you might have done something wrong.. come back and read this finding by CAS again!

There's a saying stateside: "Even I could indict a ham sandwich!"

In your english its probably.. Sure you can charge a ham sandwich with anything but proving it guilty is another matter entirely!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.