PL charge City for alleged breaches of financial rules

Valued at roughly 3 billion with the Silver Lake sale, wasn’t it? That’s one bougie Tesco’s branch!
Market cap, especially in a market with few buyers and few sellers, is no guide to financial impact.
Tesco has a turnover in UK and RoI of £56 billion and profit of £2billion. Potential Market cap for that business? Guess £50billion.

Last edited:
Goosebumps of a goal ! Sat there with my red and black failsworth school tie on because I didn’t have a City scarf ! I hate spurs , and hope City find some shit on them !!!
Yep. In my 3 greatest City Goals.
1. Agueroooooo
2. Peter Barnes beating Jennings with a couple of dummies and a chip.
3. Steve MacKenzie.

Market cap, especially in a market with few buyers and few sellers, is no guide to financial impact.
Tesco has a turnover in UK and RoI of £56 billion and profit of £2billion. Potential Market cap for that business? Guess £50billion.

Tbf to the guy, you said a Tesco branch which is the thing that raised eyebrows, not the whole company. Surely you aren't doing a dom and moving the goalposts?

:)

Tbf to the guy, you said a Tesco branch which is the thing that raised eyebrows, not the whole company. Surely you aren't doing a dom and moving the goalposts?

:)
I’m sure you can do a bit of long division. Then you will find my point holds good. Furthermore, I was answering a response based on market cap, which is not about a branch.

Last edited:
Whatever the outcome, whenever that should be, one thing is certain. our rivals and the gutter press/TV will feast on it.

If we get severe punishment, they will say "The cheats have been punished as they deserve. The game will be all the better and cleaner without them".

If we get off with a comparatively lighter set of sanctions, they will be up in arms about how "dishonest crooks escape with a rap over the knuckles, and the PL has missed a chance to whack them good and proper".

But if by some chance we arecleared of all charges, or virtually all, the moral outrage will be deafening. Remember what happened after the CAS ruling. Should we get off, there will be endless screams of how we "bought" the verdict with our "limitless resources", and how unjust it is that the cheats prosper while the "noble" clubs soldier on bravely against our oil money. On Tuesday Henry Winter's article had the big headline "CITY MUST BE PUNISHED if found guilty".

I think it's pretty obvious where he stands. I remember after the CAS verdict his article was headlined "City being cleared doesn't mean they are innocent".

Nor is he alone in all this, I'm afraid. The cockroaches have already made their minds up.
It is worth remembering that the article about us not being innocent appeared before CAS had published their reasons for their ruling. So just made up tosh really.

I’m sure you can do a bit of long division. Then you will find my point holds good. Furthermore, I was answering a response based on market cap, which is not about a branch.

Still don't get it, but it's early here. My brain probably isn't working yet.

Just re-read the CAS award again, and found this interesting bit:

"Leaked e-mail number 1 was also sent 10 years ago and 2 years before the implementation of the CLFFPR. So, even if true, there would have been nothing wrong with channeling equity funding through sponsors."

Forgive me for rattling this cage all the time, but doesn't this support my view that, even if the allegations are found to be true, there is no accounting "fraud" as, if there was "nothing wrong" with the accounting treatment before FFP, then, in accounting terms, there is also nothing wrong with the accounting treatment after FFP? Accounting treatments don't change just because UEFA/ the PL implement some new regulations. So it's just a regulatory issue, not a fraudulent accounts issue?

I am still having trouble getting my head around this fraud/ misleading the auditors thing if I am being honest (as you can probably tell!)

Last edited:

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.