PL charge City for alleged breaches of financial rules

It's all great & well & completely understandable that we view FFP as unfairly targeting us hence why we hate it, so if asked for an alternative to FFP, what would/should Manchester City Football Club suggest that is fair, feasible & workable?

I believe we should have a fair alternative prepared & ready as a suggestion to fix the mess that football's become.
I don't think any form of FFP should hinder an owner from making investment into his/her business from their own pockets. Should the money be lost the only person losing out is that of the original investor. This seems to work perfectly well in all other business industries i can think of.

FFP should solely ensure that football club owners are not spending money and/ or borrowing money against a club which ultimately they will never have the ability to repay. The whole thing is anti-competitive dross and those who it both does and does not benefit can see this without their rose-tinted spectacles on.

One thing that strikes me as potentially weird.
If the PL charges mirror exactly the UEFA charges in some items, there is a danger that the PL will find us guilty of not obeying UEFA rules when UEFA themselves, having accepted CAS verdict, say we did not transgress.

Presumably they can't find the club guilty of not obeying UFA's rules, only UEFA can do that surely, but they could find us guilty of providing falsified or misleading information to UEFA, if that is indeed the case?

Great post but misses the obvious that our trophy haul over the last decade gets us an increasing amount of those fickle glory hunting pennies that the red shirts rely on so much. I've not always been a fan of some of the recent branding/commercial efforts, but they clearly work.
It does put all the moaning posts about tourists, the new big advertising boards, and "the tunnel club" into perspective a bit, as sympathetic to those complaints as I am.

Presumably they can't find the club guilty of not obeying UFA's rules, only UEFA can do that surely, but they could find us guilty of providing falsified or misleading information to UEFA, if that is indeed the case?
Fine distinction. Depends on the detailed charge.

I don't think any form of FFP should hinder an owner from making investment into his/her business from their own pockets. Should the money be lost the only person losing out is that of the original investor. This seems to work perfectly well in all other business industries i can think of.

FFP should solely ensure that football club owners are not spending money and/ or borrowing money against a club which ultimately they will never have the ability to repay. The whole thing is anti-competitive dross and those who it both does and does not benefit can see this without their rose-tinted spectacles on.
Much less commented on even here is that the owners, like them or hate them, aren't here for "sportswashing", they're here to make money, promote their wider portfolio, and generally diversify their sources of income in things like tech, property, and culture, leisure and services. It's capitalism. They're just working on a very different timeline to the American owners (decades Vs years).

Is there any truth in the rumour that this independent panel are empowered to make judgements on the balance of probability, rather than the higher standard of beyond reasonable doubt?

Yes, this is what the PL rule book provides. However, as a matter of law, if we're correct in the assumption that some of the PL's charges are serious ones relating to dishonesty, it's more complicated than that. The good news is that the position is that the more serious an allegation the less likely it is that the event occurred, the more cogent should be the evidence before a court determines that on the balance of probabilities, the event in question did occur.

If you want the long legal background as to what this means, then there's this post from me earlier in this thread. If you understandably just want a shorter summary of the position, then the post I quoted from @Shads is where you should go after following the link. But the bottom line is that the PL will have a fairly high bar, which is good news for City.

Much less commented on even here is that the owners, like them or hate them, aren't here for "sportswashing", they're here to make money, promote their wider portfolio, and generally diversify their sources of income in things like tech, property, and culture, leisure and services. It's capitalism. They're just working on a very different timeline to the American owners (decades Vs years).
Agreed, and therefore that investment (with the aim of making money) you would assume would be made with due care, thought and process behind it. It is not up to anyone to baby owners into what they can and can't invest their money on.

These guys are owners and managers of multi-million pound businesses outside of football and therefore i think we can safely assume they will invest their OWN money prudently despite the fact its no one else's business. The PL run by people who I wouldn't trust to run my non-existent investment account have no business telling these guys how to invest appropriately in their business.

We know what it is and it needs setting fire to.

Bayern Munich have bigger revenues on sponsorship than City. This is Bayern Munich playing in the Bundasliga which is a mere back water than no one cares about globally compared to the Premier League. This is Bayern Munich with related parties such as Allianz, Addidas and Volkswagen.

Why would City not winning the Premier league 4 out of 5 times and reaching the latter stages of the champions league not see that turn into revenue and more interested parties wanting to come on board as commercial partners?

If you apply Neville’s logic that clubs who have always dominated will have bigger commercial draw than City, where are Preston North End? Where are AC Milan? The guy is a fucking idiot and I’d be worried if I supported Salford with him in charge.
Successful businesses always attract interest and investment, especially one who has been as successful as us over the years.
This is something everyone conveniently seems to forget when talked about us. Why shouldn't we see a huge increase in income, we are the best team in England after all!

Also, our growth has occurred during the era when TV revenue for the PL, at home and abroad, has gone through the roof.

We are one of the main beneficiaries of that, but also one of the main reason the revenues are as high as they are due to the Aguero moment, the best coach in the World arriving and bringing a style of football that has transformed not only our team, but the way a lot of football is played now throughout the country.

The PL and teams should be thanking us for helping raise the profile of the league, but instead all we get is shite thrown from everyone.

It definitely is CITY vs Everybody!

Interesting to see how Tottenham have grown commercial revenue over the same timeframe, with apparently zero owner investment and no real success on the pitch?

Is it actually showing the strength of the premier league and the amount of money that revolves around all premier league clubs in general?

Comparisons of City with Real Madrid aren't really all that valid given that the PL is pulling in around £7.5bn and La Liga only £1.5bn

City having thoroughly dominated the PL over the last decade as well as having had repeated success in domestic cups and participation to the later stages of the CL every year since 2013, not really a surprise that we are able to significantly raise our commercial revenue streams above other teams is it?
It’s absolutely mental that people fail to grasp this fundamental fact, or rather choose to ignore it.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.