PL charge City for alleged breaches of financial rules

They'll find us guilty of what CAS found us guilty of - not complying with UEFA FFP investigation. That'll be enough to fine us. And that will be enough for the press and rival fans to continue calling us cheats and that our titles are all tarnished. Fuck em all!
Very possibly.

I’d hazard a guess that the premier league’s confidence comes from the fact they’ve seen their ‘evidence’ in front of them, exactly the same as uefa thought.
With neither of them seeing our evidence and defence as I’m led to believe.
CAS did.
Not guilty.

I hope that you are right but it doesn't seem to be truly independent when the chair of the tribunal is appointed by one of the parties involved and is associated albeit loosely with one of the clubs likely to benefit from the outcome. Imagine what the media would have made of it had it been a KC who was a City season ticket holder. Would have been better to ask CAS to recommend the chair and let City and the Premier league chose one each.
As a secondary point if the proceedings and the evidence are kept private then who will be able to judge whether the outcome is reasonable or not?

Notwithstanding that, having read Murray Rosen's credentials, he does seem to be a reasonable choice for this kind of hearing.
See he's in the CAS pool This guy will go out of his way to be independent he won't ruin a career based on any perceived bias and if the possibility of any guilt would equate to accusing high ranking AbuDhabi officials and international business men of "cooking the books" he and his fellow commission members will be 100% sure

Thanks - found it. A quick read indicates it was Etihad reps who ran the search. In any case, if ADUG had paid it to Etihad, I’m guessing it would be very difficult for Etihad to hide the true source of those payments from their auditors.
Wasn’t it PB who discovered that it was the Abu Dhabi Executive Council, not ADUG, who’d provided Etihad with funding towards the sponsorship? Information which David Conn repeated without attribution or realising its significance?

For a Yank perspective:

Conversation at work between me and an Arsenal fan (a very good guy) a few minutes ago -- I thought this was funny.

Me: "Big match this week."
Arsenal fan: "What time's the game [It's noon our time]? Oh, by the way, that Brentford goal was offside."
Me: "Oh boo hoo. We might be relegated."
Arsenal fan: "Oh, yeah. How do you feel about all that stuff? You going to burn your City things?"
Me: "Of course not. I can't do anything about it, like I couldn't do anything about Samaras. I'll be pretty upset if we really did falsify accounting. But I doubt we did. We've already been crucified though."
Arsenal fan: "Well, it's not like the British press ever demonizes foreigners."
Liverpool fan sitting near us: "Would you two shut up? We're fucking terrible."

They'll find us guilty of what CAS found us guilty of - not complying with UEFA FFP investigation. That'll be enough to fine us. And that will be enough for the press and rival fans to continue calling us cheats and that our titles are all tarnished. Fuck em all!
That’s my gut feel as well, based on nothing because we haven’t seen the evidence. I suspect the PL were told by certain clubs that they wouldn’t support dropping the investigating coupled with the white paper timing led them to do it. In a sense they are in a no lose situation - either they succeed in which case they were right to proceed or they fail but are seen as a body prepared to take on one of the big boys.

Correct. Bayern and PSG are the outliers, not City, but he wont have done any homework on that. Just talk from emotion.
Why should Bayern be?

They are the big dog in the most important sports in the biggest economy in Europe.

Their sponsors are usually German or even Bavarian companies that have an international interest. Made in Germany adverstises with made in Germany (and often competes for the advertising contract with other big German companies like in the car market). There is nothing wrong with that. And no - there is no related party. Just 3 companies (independent from each other and owned through shares traded on the stock market) that each own 7% of shares - 75% owned by the club and its fans. The club holds a big majority of the shares and with that the power. The companies just are investors.

Bayern's commercial partners: https://fcbayern.com/de/club/partner

The big difference might be that in the UK you have several big dogs that have to share the "usual" UK sponsors with each other. The foreign partners in the list (usually minor partners) have an interest in the German market and many you can find at about every big club like e.g. Coca-Cola or Konami/FIFA...

Last edited:
FFP still stunts our ability to invest what's needed into our squad as we see fit. The main advantage I can see for City in 2023 is it stunts Newcastle's ability to challenge as effectively as they could have done.

Isn't City being able to compete unhindered our main issue with FFP, not us wanting to stop more City's from living the dream?

Newcastle and any other club who gets an appropriate owner.

I would expect that the club have weighed up the value between all unrestricted and the current restricted; the club would still need to meet UEFA's FFP to play in the CL, and there would be far more resistance to changing that.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.