PL charge City for alleged breaches of financial rules

no, the club, but it was in response to another poster saying do we know what the PL have so that there is no smoking gun.

Lots have people have mentioned this. If this is the case and and we, the club, know exactly what the PL have, then why is anybody worried?

Kangaroo court anxiety.

It's natural since they're trying to literally go for our jugular here!

Over the week I have mellowed a bit on this.

I absolutely hate all the grubby hands behind it, however I’m getting the feeling that we have not co-operated and tried to derail this wherever we can.

The PL rightly or wrongly started this investigation and over the 4 years and have nothing further to go on due to City providing nothing further.

We hoped with no evidence more then CAS, they would not gone with charges and they have not.

However, if that is the case the PL are not necessarily to blame.

It would be our legal advice or that we are comfortable of what would happen in this stage of the process.

Like everyone else, I would like a quick resolution but it seems unlikely.

We seem to be indicating years to resolve (subtle way of saying to PL, it’s going to cost you a lot).

UEFA weren't disputing that Etihad paid MCFC, they were alleging that ADUG gave the money to Etihad to pay MCFC. This, apparently, would be part of a conspiracy to fraudulently increase sponsorship income at MCFC, presumably over and above what Etihad could have paid without the funds from ADUG.

Don't buy it myself, but I think that was the crux of it.
I’m now law expert, but do City or Etihad even have to prove that the funds were fully paid by Etihad? I know this has already been dealt with it at CAS, but if UEFA asked to see the transactions in both ADUG’s and Etihad’s books can we politely tell them to fuck off? Is that when the failing to cooperate charges occur?

Over the week I have mellowed a bit on this.

I absolutely hate all the grubby hands behind it, however I’m getting the feeling that we have not co-operated and tried to derail this wherever we can.

The PL rightly or wrongly started this investigation and over the 4 years and have nothing further to go on due to City providing nothing further.

We hoped with no evidence more then CAS, they would not gone with charges and they have not.

However, if that is the case the PL are not necessarily to blame.

It would be our legal advice or that we are comfortable of what would happen in this stage of the process.

Like everyone else, I would like a quick resolution but it seems unlikely.

We seem to be indicating years to resolve (subtle way of saying to PL, it’s going to cost you a lot).

It all depends on what city have done to cooperate.

With UEFA, City didn’t even present evidence in their defence until CAS.

The CFCB specifically asked for the testimony of Pearce and Hogan (City’s main defence against the charges was their testimony that what was discussed in the email didn’t happen) and they refused to give it until City were charged, convicted, banned, appealed and reached CAS
City produced a dossier of the “irrefutable evidence” to the investigatory chamber. Leterme, iirc, declined to read it.

I think Leterme sort of hints that they’ve been speaking with the PL about their investigation. He said the PL’s evidence is a lot more solid, or something along those lines.
This is what I am getting at. I hope the club have not been blindsided and that we are playing a clever game knowing the premier league was coming for us and actually do want the information that proves our innocence to come out. The second option would be remarkable.

Pep for Prime Minister exclusive.

FD981920-B947-4C0A-8ADA-AD034AD4CE1C.jpeg

The government has no plans to rewrite the white paper on independent football regulation in response to the Premier League’s charges against Man City, sources have told Football Insider.

The policy proposal – the most significant shake-up to football governance in England in a generation – had been due for publication earlier this month but has now been pushed back to the end of February.

But Football Insider has been told by a senior source that the situation will have no impact on the substance of the white paper, which was leaked to the press in late January.

The Department for Digital, Culture, Media and Sport believes that the Premier League’s intervention does not affect the reforms that are needed in football.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.