PL charge City for alleged breaches of financial rules

Thread meander coming up....

Did the nomenclature not change when QE II was coronated? I would have thought that it would have been KC under her father?

That's genuine curiosity by the way, not meant as sarcasm.
Actually, no. The change from KC to QC happened instantaneously on the death of her father and her accession to the throne. It didn't wait until the coronation.

Not as confident as at CAS. I was pretty certain we would win that one.

I'm about 65/35 on this one, simply because I fail to see how the reporting of it doesn't prejudice the panel, no matter how learned or esteemed it will be.

Can only take City at their word they are pretty confident we will win again, but I don't see a home run and envisage a big fine again for non cooperation and maybe a transfer ban over a couple of windows just to limit our progression over the image rights set-up.

I trust Lord Pannick to make the difference.
My thoughts too.

Has anybody else got a fair few tweets, WhatsApp messages, and texts pre-written, ready to send the moment we are exonerated? Or just me?

I cannot wait. The rage from the usual suspects will be glorious to behold.
Just a few !
Shame really as I have only been back on Red Issue 6 months after being banned @ 09.35 on the morning of our CAS Victory.
Took exception to my ‘ City Win at CAS, all piss boiling in here thread

Don't post a lot these days, but need to use some sort of forum to vent.

I find myself falling out of love with the game that has been so wrapped in to my very DNA as a person day by day. For as long as I can remember, it has made up a huge part of my life & personality. I now find the general landscape of football in general utterly depressing, rotten to the core & increasingly unbearable. The fact that the only way you can wish to see your team compete consistently for the game's biggest honours is by your club being taken over by a ruling member of a Middle Eastern royal family is something that is often, in fact, no, always lost on the detractors of City. Even withstanding how broken that is, it's not even an avenue open to clubs in Spain, Germany etc.

I love my club, Eric Brook was my Grandfather's Uncle, so it's literally been in the blood since he was smashing goal scoring records in front of 84,000 at Maine Road, but the game today fucking stinks. Gone are the days where a brilliantly managed Leeds United, Manchester City, Derby County, Nottingham Forest et al could come from nowhere & not only compete, but WIN the biggest prizes the game had to offer. Why? Because of the slow eroding of the games competitive balance by a group of entitled clubs, lobbying their own interests to prevent others using the same path they used to stardom & success. How? By changing the very foundation of what the sport is meant to be through rotten politicking dating back to the 1970's/80's. Firstly through monopolizing gate-receipts, then the breakaway Premier League & Champions League, Super League, G-14 & of course the hijacking of FFP's original purpose by moving it away from debt maintenance, to a tool to suffocate any investment @ rivals which threatens their position. Finally now, to destroy Manchester City as a competitive force at the very top of the game.

So where are the media in this? well, acting in the interests of said clubs on the whole. Whether through being pawns for these clubs via briefings & thus guaranteeing the click revenue that brings from their legions of mindless, moronic fans. Or just being bad-faith acting journalists who support these clubs themselves, distorting rulings made by CAS, the history of City post takeover, our actual ownership model & more. The battle of public opinion has been lost since Der Speigel's original 'leaks', & has tarnished the clubs commercial reputation, I don't care what anyone says. & here is what the masses never see, including most City fans, as it so brilliantly disguised... People often slate BT/Sky for their coverage, & it makes me laugh. Their subscriber base probably has a greater % of United, Liverpool & Arsenal fans than the other 17 clubs combined. It is in their VERY interest to be biased towards these clubs, commercially. The same goes for the print media. What is going to make your company richer? A positive City article, or negative one? Think about it & stop expecting impartiality.

Now, do I love our owner? Honestly no, not any more than I would any billionaire I have 0 connection to. Do I love the fact they've made my club competitive & made all my dreams come true for 15+ years, yes I fucking do, unashamedly. In an ideal world I'd love City to be fan owned, competing at the highest level. The fact is, it's impossible due to the points outlined, namely the hijacking by a bunch of greed driven, self-interested vile clubs across Europe of the games purity, with their proxy journalists in tow, spouting their interests for generations to garner public support. With that said, we take what we can get don't we? Even so, we have to put up with all this shit, & I'm tired of it, I just want to be a football fan.

The only thing Manchester City are guilty of, is gaming a rigged system.

The notion that Khaldoon is involved in a conspiracy to defraud is utterly comical. Anyone who actually believes that is an idiot.

It's the scale of the conspiracy that I think most people overlook. It's one thing to say 'City have fooled their auditors', although that is a serious enough allegation (and City's auditors are No 5 in the world). The fundamental problem for the PL is that the accounts of both MCFC and the various third party sponsors, which have been separately and independently audited and verified generally by different auditors, say exactly the same thing. So in relation to (say) the Etihad allegation, the conspiracy involves not just City cooking the books so that inward funds from ADUG are disguised well enough as payments from Etihad to fool the auditors, but also that the outwards payments from Etihad are similarly well disguised to get past their own different, high qualified auditors (who are top 4).

As I said in a previous post, the standard of proof may only be the balance of probability, but it is going to require evidence of an absolutely phenomenal quality to show that two major firms of accountants have had the wool pulled over their eyes by two separate major international companies simultaneously when the accounts of each were being audited.

My thoughts too.
The trouble is we don’t know what they have by way of evidence or even the detailed substance of the charges. If it’s just the Mancini contract and image rights accounting treatment I can’t see that being more than slap on the wrist/fine.
But we just have to wait and see. I’m hoping the politics overtake it all

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.