PL charge City for alleged breaches of financial rules

Martin Samuel.
Samuel, for all the love he gets from here, isn't an investigative journalist. He was described, by someone who put me in touch with him, as a "polemicist", and that's a more accurate description of him.

It's not meant to be uncomplimentary or insulting, it's what he is.

Conn used to be an ace investigative journalist until the Guardian cowed him and got him spouting Liverpool propaganda.

Samuel, for all the love he gets from here, isn't an investigative journalist. He was described, by someone who put me in touch with him, as a "polemicist", and that's a more accurate description of him.

It's not meant to be uncomplimentary or insulting, it's what he is.

Conn used to be an ace investigative journalist until the Guardian cowed him and got him spouting Liverpool propaganda.
I named him as just about the only journo who is on our wavelength in these matters.
I accept that he is more polemicist than investigator, but I can’t see him just passing this by. Maybe he’ll keep a watching brief and comment when the time is right.
His demolition of Klopp’s poverty plea was masterful. Of course Jordan then said his figures were wrong (which they were not): got to find some excuse to keep the false narrative going. Where will he go if we are cleared?

Last edited:
Add another charge

FA: "It's alleged that both clubs failed to ensure their players conducted themselves in an orderly fashion, with Arsenal's players surrounding the match official during the 56th minute, and #ManCity's doing so during the 42nd and 64th minutes..." [via
@FAspokesperson
]

Seems unthinkable that the alleged stuff would be said on mic where they know people will hear it. Even Michael Oliver isn't that stupid. I'm sure it was posted on here in good faith but let's face it, it has to be bollocks.

I will make no comment as to the accuracy of the claims as it does seem very speculative.

That said, if there’s one aspect of this that I think is very believable it’s that they would fuck up seemingly simple comms arrangements somehow.

This is evidenced by the fact on several occasions you’ve seen refs and assistants comms break during games and it has taken an age to resolve. Having a back up comms unit for a sport with millions of pounds worth of athletes on the pitch is probably the most incredibly basic and simple thing you can imagine and yet they clearly have overlooked it. Not to mention how many careers have been ended by people unwittingly being caught on hot mics.

Put it this way… that point is not the bit I’m struggling with.

You’re going to have to spill now mate.
I've spilled one previously, which was the dossier he was central in putting together in 2012, that saw Walton disappear to the USA and Mason removed from our games for a while. It also saw Mike Riley come up to the Etihad to do the Q&A with Points of Blue.

Another was passing on key information that the club only partly acted on in the 2019/20 season. Had they acted fully, it's quite possible Liverpool wouldn't have won the title. They did act on other Liverpool-related information but it's something I suspect they already knew.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.