PL charge City for alleged breaches of financial rules

When Uefa made their attempt at screwing us over, the statement from the club came out pretty soon after the charges. Took a good couple of hours for this one, have they tried to blindside the club and not tell them in advance on this occasion?
If our auditors & legal teams have been at the Etihad since 6am, I'd imagine the PL gave us a heads up they were making an announcement today, so we'd have a chance to prepare a statement.

It seems there was a shit-load more to Baldy's comment about the Hateful Eight last Friday. I'd hazard a guess the club were already aware.

K.12 is “Full details of a Player's remuneration including all benefits to which he is entitled whether in cash or in kind shall be set out in his contract.”

And K.20 is “Particulars of any Image Contract Payment in respect of the Player shall be set out in the contract with his Club.”

To prove that the PL would have to have evidence that we consealed payments to managers and players.

What is the likelihood of that?

That's a weak statement that suggests we have been caught on the back foot. What usually happens in these sort of disputes is that both sides' lawyers agree to be open and transparent with each other. I find it hard to believe that City didn't have an inkling of this move in advance. The body language of Pep and the players in recent weeks gives a clue surely. If we really are "surprised" then we have been ambushed the the PL.
I think they used the word "surprised" to belittle the allegations

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.