PL charge City for alleged breaches of financial rules

You might be right as we're all guessing but I'm happy to explain my thinking.

1) We simply don't know as yet whether or not UEFA does or did have full jurisdiction over contractual payments, such as image rights, to players. But if, as reported, UEFA did tell City that the Fordham arrangement wasn't acceptable in 2015, and we carried it on for a few more years, there's a couple of possibilities. The first is we did it in defiance of UEFA's wishes, as we were advised that they didn't have jurisdiction and image rights payments was nothing to do with them. The other was that we carried on with paying them from Fordham but reported them to UEFA as part of player remuneration.

Given the charges regarding those payments only go up to 2015/16, I'd suggest that whatever happened after that was acceptable. Hence why I believe we reported them as part of our FFP reporting perimeter.

2) With regard to Mancini's contract, you're right but I've never said that the size of it would determine our guilt. My point had been that it wouldn't lead to a harsh punishment if we were found to have breached PL rules.

3) I'm guessing that UEFA thought its strongest case was the sponsorships. Clearly (and as me and others said) it was always a weak case, which CAS agreed with. My guess is that the PL is going after things that UEFA deemed weaker, or that they felt they had little chance of bringing home. That, to me, tells its own story. The time-barred stuff, as I've said before, is a red herring. One way or another, it's all been covered.
The image rights for me will be pivotal

Why City , in my opinion, have A problem is quite simply image rights form part of a player’s remuneration package and as such FA and PL rules state clearly that payment of any of a players remuneration can be paid by a third party. If the argument city put forward is that the third party is part of the City group then the FFP issue will kick in.

If and a big if the tribunal do indeed find in the PL favour re image rights the consequences of the Mancini contract issue elevates matters considerably.

As for the sponsorship thing UEFA as witnessed were under prepared and CAS drove a cart and horse through the case put before them.

The only way I see it ending soon is a major climb down by the PL with us maybe accepting the non-cooperation charges and taking a relatively minor pinch on that.

Are you sensing the PL don’t have the appetite for the fight they picked?
I don't want us to 'accept' anything – I want us to nail the fuckers to the wall!

Maybe but I don’t go along with CAS not being independent. I think they were all unbiased yet one guy thought we had done something wrong.
If he was chosen by UEFA, by definition that’s not true though, is it?

By definition that member was not independent, could not be independent. He was UEFA’s man, literally so.

I think the UEFA nominee was almost obliged to champion their case - given each party could nominate one of the panel members of their choice. I’m fairly sure I’ve read unanimous decisions don’t really happen at CAS. The PL panel is different in that the members are selected by the chairman (Rosen ?) who is an eminent Kings Counsel and will behave with absolute integrity.
Boris Johnson is also a King’s Council. As are Liz Truss, Priti Patel, Jacob Rees-Mogg, David Cameron, Tony Bliar, Keir Starmer…

And the chances of proving that they "gained points" by accessing our scouting database would be how low? It took place for 8 months at the start of the 2012/13 season, their finishing positions for that season and the next 3 was 7th, 2nd, 6th & 8th so you'd struggle to say it helped much.

I'd guess City would have been asked their opinion when the FA became aware of it (presuming they weren't already). It would seem that they were happy to put it to bed so the FA wouldn't have pushed it any further (perhaps, we'll never know what went on behind closed doors). Maybe we could have been in trouble for allowing it to go on so long with no one any the wiser?

The positive aspect of it BTW was that we accelerated our signing of Fernandinho so it worked out well in the end.

And that takes us back to how do
Investigations start. They don’t unless pressured by the Red cartel.

Yeah, or The FA receive information through other means. Contrast and compare Liverpool hacking incident in 2013.

"The FA has carefully considered the evidence it received in this matter, including information provided by both clubs involved, and has decided not to progress the investigation. This is due to a number of factors including the age of the alleged concerns."

I've no idea how the FA rules compare to the PL's but one of the factors considered would be the fact that we accepted a one off payment of a million quid. There is no comparison
If a criminal investigation had taken place about liverpool accessing City's database, City would have also been prosecuted for not adequately protecting sensitive personal data that had been trusted to it

If a criminal investigation had taken place about liverpool accessing City's database, City would have also been prosecuted for not adequately protecting sensitive personal data that had been trusted to it

how come we & every other club haven’t been charged for our emails being hacked?

Because City hasn't reported a crime and as far as I know, no one has reported City for losing their e personal data

There is a bloke in jail for the crime. I believe like with the scouting database, the only chance of a prosecution for City is if it was the customers details I.e our personal data including DOB, credit card not “ no left foot & doesn’t track back “.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.