PL charge City for alleged breaches of financial rules

I agree that PL had to look into it once uefa raised it but I do think the PL actually feel rules have been broken. Following the arbitration case in 2021 city had to supply info (I assume they did) so the PL could quite easily have said they saw the documents and their is no case to answer.

That they have progressed this and the considerable risk of claims if they lose does make me feel this way. For clarity I am not saying city are guilty just that I don't think the PL would have rushed into it with what could be at stake.

We did not supply the extra info they were demanding.

Our stance all along is this is a phishing expedition and they get only what is relevant.

The Premier League gave it their best swing, hence why it needed to be kicked up to an independent panel, because they had run out of road.

Ask yourself why both sides wished for the ongoing dispute to remain private, the Premier League have plenty to hide in this and it's a win win situation for them in many ways.

Being seen to act tough by those clubs who seek to do us the most harm, whilst also trying to nip the independent regulator in the bud.

The timing of the charges was not an accident and had the ultimate bonus of dragging us in to the mud.

The Premier League have washed their hands of this and any negative outcome for them.

Our stance all along is this is a phishing expedition and they get only what is relevant.

The Premier League gave it their best swing, hence why it needed to be kicked up to an independent panel, because they had run out of road.

Ask yourself why both sides wished for the ongoing dispute to remain private, the Premier League have plenty to hide in this and it's a win win situation for them in many ways.

Being seen to act tough by those clubs who seek to do us the most harm, whilst also trying to nip the independent regulator in the bud.

The timing of the charges was not an accident and had the ultimate bonus of dragging us in to the mud.

The Premier League have washed their hands of this and any negative outcome for them.

They might THINK they have done a Pontius Pilate on this but in our fans eyes and others they haven't. They are the ones charging us driven by the usual suspects. All the negativity rebounds on them if we win. They will be seen as weak and heavily influenced too much by the red shirts, in short presiding over a competition run by those same red shirts, not an independent fair body. I sincerely hope we have enough ammunition in our locker to fetch the whole stinking pile of shit down.

For charges such as sponsorship income, passing an audit doesn't make any difference. The auditors see payments from Etihad and check the tax etc on that. They're not going to investigate where Etihad got their money from.

Accusations such as third party payments to Mancini might have tax implications. Although more for Mancini than the club itself.
It’s inflating income / revenue changing owner funding to income / revenue. It affects corporate tax and changes the nature of the accounts.

With regards to Mancini him mostly yes but also us would affect NI etc

And this is before we look at the image rights issue which would also affect NI and other things no doubt

They might THINK they have done a Pontius Pilate on this but in our fans eyes and others they haven't. They are the ones charging us driven by the usual suspects. All the negativity rebounds on them if we win. They will be seen as weak and heavily influenced too much by the red shirts, in short presiding over a competition run by those same red shirts, not an independent fair body. I sincerely hope we have enough ammunition in our locker to fetch the whole stinking pile of shit down.
Multiple likes for this comment !!!!!!!

It’s inflating income / revenue changing owner funding to income / revenue. It affects corporate tax and changes the nature of the accounts.

With regards to Mancini him mostly yes but also us would affect NI etc

And this is before we look at the image rights issue which would also affect NI and other things no doubt

Bites lip ......

But don't we have a legal standing to sue them for "a sustained and prolonged effort over 15 years to damage our brand" and drag us through the mud?

Or is the system just bent?

Last edited:

The Premier League haven’t washed their hands of this at all.

The media have already made it clear that if we don’t get found guilty then the PL aren’t fit for purpose.

I’d say the current situation is the complete polar opposite of the PL washing their hands of it.

The Premier League haven’t washed their hands of this at all.

The media have already made it clear that if we don’t get found guilty then the PL aren’t fit for purpose.

I’d say the current situation is the complete polar opposite of the PL washing their hands of it.

How can the media make the premier league find us guilty though?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.