PL charge City for alleged breaches of financial rules

Maybe, you never what's going on in someone else's mind, but I don't see it like that.

The one area where we are bang to rights, I think, is on the non-co-operation. My guess is that we took a strategic decision, on advice, not to co-operate until made to and to take the pinch on the inevitable charge of non-co-operation. They make their point about non-co-operation - which in fairness is a valid one - by hitting us (or asking the independent panel to hit us) with a massive fine. CAS said the fine in similar circumstances should be €10m when about 20 grand seems to be the going rate for blatant racism or smashing up your opponent's team bus. So 10m was a whopper.

I think if it came out that we have been charged with 5 legitimate counts of non cooperation and over 100 counts that the FA knew were going to fail, that I think brings their whole organisation into disrepute.

And for anyone thinking 'yeah but it will never come out,' I think that's what Matt Hancock said.
Do we have recourse for any of this if it indeed is all shown to be crap? From my laypersons view it seems the PL are free to slander and charge as much as they like. If thats the case, why wouldnt they?

Forfar Athletic Football Club are a Scottish semi-professional football club from the town of Forfar, Angus. They are members of the Scottish Professional Football League and currently play in Scottish League Two. They play their home games at Station Park, in the north end of Forfar.[2]

The club are nicknamed "the Loons" ('loon' is a Northern Scotsword for a young man), although they are sometimes referred to as the "Sky Blues" (which the club stopped using in the early 1990s). One explanation for the origins of the Loons' moniker is that the second string were younger than the first team, so over time people would say "I'm off to watch the Loons".[3]
That's what I meant, you must be a Forfar fan.

Making shit up that has no basis in reality isn't creating debate, it's talking bollocks.

Also called journalism nowadays BTW.
What have u said that is made up or has no basis in reality haha? Admin staff are leaving the club it's being reported.

You can shout people down and accuse them of being a WUM if it makes you feel better.

Thanks for the laughs!

Up until the Aguerooooo moment, in my memory they’ve only had 1 season where anything like it has happened. That was the season Arsenal beat Liverpool at Anfield…we’ve given them (in no particular order):
1. Agueroooo
2. Villa
3. First team to win the Domestic treble
4. Winning the league with 100 pts
5. Most goals in a domestic season
6. Tied for most wins in a domestic season
7. Most away wins in a domestic season
8. Pep football
9. Kerching…for the massive deals the PL has been able to negotiate off the back of the above

the list goes on, but they really should be thanking us to the high heavens for the PL being the success it is, in no small part due to us…
If you think the Premier League are delighted with the list of achievements by City above then you haven’t been paying attention.

We’ve prevented LFC and Utd winning 6 more titles in the last 10 years. The Premier would much prefer the red teams winning leagues every season.

The ex Chief Exec of the Pl actually admitted once how important it was for Utd to be winning titles.

Do you reckon the teams in red would be hit with 100 charges ? Would they bollocks.

Up until the Aguerooooo moment, in my memory they’ve only had 1 season where anything like it has happened. That was the season Arsenal beat Liverpool at Anfield…we’ve given them (in no particular order):
1. Agueroooo
2. Villa
3. First team to win the Domestic treble
4. Winning the league with 100 pts
5. Most goals in a domestic season
6. Tied for most wins in a domestic season
7. Most away wins in a domestic season
8. Pep football
9. Kerching…for the massive deals the PL has been able to negotiate off the back of the above

the list goes on, but they really should be thanking us to the high heavens for the PL being the success it is, in no small part due to us…
This would all be amazing if the team you were referring to played in red.

"We've taken the smears, but I genuinely believe the Club and our executives have gamed the whole battle process out and accepted that downside to win the entire war."

Our brand has taken one hell of a hit for that to be the case.

I am not doubting what you believe and our owners are very clever people ( far cleverer than the PL) but the victory will have to come with huge advantages to cover the previous damage caused by UEFA and the PL.
If it took away the cartels running of the Premier league, remembering that both utd & lfc auditioned Richard Masters, then it would be worth it.

Its plausible that it isn't quite as comfortable behind the scenes in terms of us getting off the charges and admin staff are catching wind of this? I don't think this is the case, or should I say I certainly hope not but its plausible. It just seems odd that so many are going to what seem a backward step in terms of clubs as the other user has very cleverly pointed out.....

I am merely speculating of course and is likely not linked at all..... but it could be.
As already explained - we “lose” staff because they are trained so well, other clubs want them. At the same time - see below (just 2 weeks ago)

Man City poach former Liverpool coach just 14 months after he joined Newcastle​

Manchester City have moved to boost their backroom staff by poaching a coach who has been key to Newcastle's turnaround from relegation candidates to top four challengers
Pep Guardiola will poach a Newcastle coach who previously worked at Liverpool
Pep Guardiola will poach a Newcastle coach who previously worked at Liverpool(Chris Brunskill/Fantasista/Getty Images)
  • By
    Jacob Leeks
  • 09:16, 21 Feb 2023UPDATED09:41, 21 Feb 2023

Manchester City have poached Newcastlecoaching analyst Mark Leyland, just 14 months after he joined the Magpies from Liverpool.

Leyland had spent nine years at Anfield, working for his boyhood club,

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.