PL charge City for alleged breaches of financial rules

Surely is not possible for the PL to be simultanously investigating City, Everton, and Newcastle, without huge resources. How many people would they need to do this? These are complex financial issues. In the case of City the allegations made are as serious as they can get. The PL are just not capable of being able to manage these sort of cases in a robust and fair manner. I thought Richard Masters looked totally out of his depth today. His career is on the line with this situation.
City's fine will foot the bill I'm guessing

When ITV were counter bidding Sugar left the room, rang Sky and told them to “blow ITV out of the water”.
I understand that the FA/PL were not keen on a deal on Free to Air TV and wanted it on a Subscription-based channel. Sky were always going to win. ITV were simply used to force the bidding up.

Surely is not possible for the PL to be simultanously investigating City, Everton, and Newcastle, without huge resources. How many people would they need to do this? These are complex financial issues. In the case of City the allegations made are as serious as they can get. The PL are just not capable of being able to manage these sort of cases in a robust and fair manner. I thought Richard Masters looked totally out of his depth today. His career is on the line with this situation.
Richard Masters had the eyes of a man with serious worries and under severe pressure.

Sadly I don't think this present government has the will or desire to get a grip of the situation with the PL.

Richard Masters had the eyes of a man with serious worries and under severe pressure.

Sadly I don't think this present government has the will or desire to get a grip of the situation with the PL.

Well if the premier league wants to brand Sheikh Mansour and Khaldoon as fraudsters when they are investing £10 billion into the U.K. The government may have to be having a quiet word with the Premier league.

I think they are serious about the new Regulator and was impressed by Tracey Crouch. She was very dismissive of the entire concept of “sports washing” when it was mentioned. I am not surprised City are supporting her proposals.

View attachment 73343
It'll be interesting to see how the PL tackle this. The Saudi Sovereign Investment Fund gave an undertaking they were nothing to do with the Saudi Government, but court papers filed by them in the US are claiming some kind of Diplomatic Immunity because they're part of the Saudi Government.

It hasn't slipped my attention how the PL seems to be keeping details of this investigation under wraps & have refused to comment, but with City our shit was briefed & splashed everywhere!

Fuckin twats! :-/

https://www.sportscentralngr.com/ne...-investigation-over-the-305m-takeover-of-club
The thing is, I don't see anything in that article that says Newcastle's owners are under investigation over the takeover despite what the headline claims. The stuff going on over in the States is interesting for sure and opens up a can of worms but it's only come to light recently and I'm guessing that at this stage the PL haven't opened up an investigation.

Last edited:

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.