PL charge City for alleged breaches of financial rules

Yep, I posted a while back in here that the charges are essentially the same to cover the rolling years of the supposed offences, and 95 per cent can already be dismissed.

The other five per cent is our only focus, but I don't know about this latest claim that it now boils down to one.

Sounds like a Chinese whisper being embellished around?
Tweet from yesterday was almost identical to what was said at a Cheshire Supporters Club by a long term City employee ( and also posted on here recently ) so don’t think it’s related to earlier TH post on here.

Whilst it’s all in good faith it’s strikes me as a positive vibe within the football club but possibly not legally accurate.

The legal bods on here and Twitter certainly don’t agree that anything could possibly be sorted this quickly which casts a doubt on whether it’s accurate or simply City telling the staff not to worry.

Last edited:
Yep, I posted a while back in here that the charges are essentially the same to cover the rolling years of the supposed offences, and 95 per cent can already be dismissed.

The other five per cent is our only focus, but I don't know about this latest claim that it now boils down to one.

Sounds like a Chinese whisper being embellished around?
Yep. Blame the Chinese.

Re the alleged leaked emails, the hacker Riu Pinto is due to be sentenced next week. He has a previous conviction for extortion (never mentioned in the MSM), he avoided prison on that occasion by giving the money back to a bank in the Camyan islands. He could be getting some serious time in the clink. His defence are still trying to portray him as heroic whistleblower and pleading for a suspended sentence. Hope the judge does the right thing...

I wouldn't believe a word he says. He may well be right but he has no inside knowledge. It's a guessing game that gets him more followers no matter the outcome.
My guess is someone from the club has been to an OSC Branch meeting and said (as I have) that these basically boil down to a handful of actual issues (image rights, sponsorship and Mancini) and also saying, which @tolmie's hairdoo has already said, that they're confident we'll easily see off these charges.

I very much doubt he's saying that we've done a deal with the PL to reduce 115 charges to just four or five, which are going to be dropped.

Re the alleged leaked emails, the hacker Riu Pinto is due to be sentenced next week. He has a previous conviction for extortion (never mentioned in the MSM), he avoided prison on that occasion by giving the money back to a bank in the Camyan islands. He could be getting some serious time in the clink. His defence are still trying to portray him as heroic whistleblower and pleading for a suspended sentence. Hope the judge does the right thing...
Think he has already done a deal with Portuguese authorities and taxman

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.