PL charge City for alleged breaches of financial rules

would you accept a wage cap in your profession?

its easy to say it, but in practice how do you do it?

does it mean actors should have a wage cap?
drs on wage caps?
politicians would vote for a wage cap on themselves?
landlords have a rent cap?

seems professional footballers are held up to some financial handbrake that other (establishment?) industries are not. probably because most of them are from poor backgrounds, an one does get vexed seeing a commoner making good for oneself...

Football isn't really the same as those industries though is it? It's a professional sporting competition, which has its own laws and guidelines.

If sensible caps are put in place to restablish the integrity of the competition and longjevity, I've no issues with it.

exactly - unless its across Europe - but players may just turn round as say its a restriction on their trade. Even with the Wages to Turnover - players will just want to go to the bigger clubs to maximise their earning potential, lots more contracts with buy outs and all sorts of clauses around bigger clubs etc.

This won't fly in court imo.

I'm not sure why any of these financial restrictions are necessary. Other than keeping the same teams at the top they serve no purpose whatsoever. "Ah, but to stop another Leeds" I hear you say. Why ? Leeds are back in the Premier League. "Ah but Portsmouth, Bury [fill in name of club who lived beyond their means]" and got relegated Yes, and....?

The only groups that arevproven to need protection are employees and creditors, same as any other business. That can be achieved simply by controlling debt, including owner guarantees. A simple thing but something that the rules singularly fail to do.

If debt can be deemed "sustainable" based on a single point in time (ie we can pay our debts providing our iparticipation in the CL is ring-fenced), then why can't the same be applied to wages or any other costs ?

I'll give an example. In the 1980s the £Sterling/$US exchange rate moved all over the place. It went from $2.34/£ in January 1981 down to $1.05/£ four years later. Three years later it was back up to $1.90/£. There are similar fluctuations between the Pound and the Euro. That's going to be fun with players on four to five year contracts.

That is before you try and get around issues like image rights.
Yep was getting $2.54 in 1981.

Sheikh Mansour is in London for the kings coronation. Might be a good time to sort those fucking charges out….

I wonder if the glazers or Fenway got an invite? Maybe the premier league will make an appearance.

First duty Charlie, off with their heads..dilly dilly.

Or maybe he will take in the Leeds game -:)

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.