PL charge City for alleged breaches of financial rules

This isn't strictly on topic but I think it's worth a mention. Last night I watched an excellent podcast with Viv Anderson. Part of it discussed the situation of the points deduction when he was at Middlesbrough. If you remember they refused to play a game away at Blackburn because of illness and were deducted three points. This ultimately led to them being relegated.

Anderson said they rang the fa and explained the situation and were assured if they didn't play they would just get a fine. They got absolute reassurance that would be the case and that's why they went to court when it wasn't. Steve Gibson hired the top and most expensive man in the field. After three days he told them there was no way he could win the case as the fa operated by their own set of rules. He added if it was in a court of law he would have wiped the floor with them but not operating by these rules. Anderson was adamant they had been told there would be no points deduction, if there had been they would have played all the fringe players. The outcome would probably have been the same but at least they went down trying.

I mention this just as a reminder that we can have the best legal brains in the business but if their rules stitch us up it will make no difference unless there is some kind of legal recourse.

It looks like Riu Pinto, who has a previous conviction for extortion, will be convicted on July 15th for the so called "Footbal Leaks", even his lawyers are saying they expect a conviction. No doubt the MSM will give this a wide berth ie when the truth is out that's he's no whistle blower just a deceitful, malicious criminal.

If anyone's around the Middleton area tonight, I'll be presenting at my own OSC Branch, Alkrington, on the PL charges. We'll be in the Vault at the Lancashire Fold, starting at 8pm.
Big ask but I'd this being recorded bit of s hike for me to get there but interested

That's a bit harsh Colin.
It was only 5 years ago and they've been busy this past week sorting out plans to deal with Eurovision.
Give them a chance.
They'll turn it over to the cold case department soon, and then City might get somebody who knows what they are doing looking into why no arrests have been made.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.