PL charge City for alleged breaches of financial rules

Have the PL given us details yet? They are supposed to disclose exactly what we are charged with and the evidence therefor.

I am still at a loss with this though. IF what they are accusing us of is true then we have committed some very serious offences, fraud being just one, and not minor fraud either. Our accountants would have to be complicit and all those ramifications. IF these are true then why aren’t HMRC and police involved and dawn raids on the Etihad?? A mystery.

I am still at a loss with this though. IF what they are accusing us of is true then we have committed some very serious offences, fraud being just one, and not minor fraud either. Our accountants would have to be complicit and all those ramifications. IF these are true then why aren’t HMRC and police involved and dawn raids on the Etihad?? A mystery.
I agree - I made a similar point recently. If we've fiddled the books, that is not a PL rules issue, it would be a criminal offence leaving executives liable to prosecution and potentially imprisonment. Which is why I cannot believe we have done anything other than "creative accounting" - fully legal creative accounting - at most.

Defrauding the exchequer is a lot more serious than putting one over the Premier league. Surely they should have been smashing the door down of the Etihad back in February and taking away computers, files, documents and interviewing senior execs. Why don’t they seem to bothered to do so?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.