PL charge City for alleged breaches of financial rules

Have we broken any law or broken an agreement in the Premier League contract ?
Yes!

We broke the unwritten rule of competing and usurping the red elite.

Throw in a bit of race relations and envy, jealousy and hate will consume, all driven by a hostile media abomination.

Last edited:
Yes!

We broke the unwritten rule of competing and usurping the red elite.

Throw in a bit of race relations and envy, jealousy and hate will consume driven by a hostile media abomination.
We all understand the morals and scruples of these clowns. Probably on legal terms it'd be OK, but if we've broken term's of our PL contract, then I can see us being stitched up by a kangaroo court.

I think we are all thrashing around in the dark at the moment. We don't know what the precise charges are though the club and its legal team do, one presumes. Thanks to the corrected version of the "rap sheet" Colin, Stefan and others have been able to give us a pretty clear idea of what they are, and they are serious to say the least. There does appear to be considerable overlap with the charges brought by UEFA but this time there is apparently no time barring. On the other hand, contrary to popular belief City were not cleared by CAS "on a technicality" but because there was no evidence at all produced which showed we had committed any of the "offences" alleged. It is hard to see what evidence the PL has which can substantiate the PL claims, especially when considered in the light of our audited accounts and testimony before CAS.

This is my personal summary of the "state of play" at the moment. I should be grateful if bluemooners could correct or fill out my version.

Apologies if already covered.

I’ve been following the reports from Sky (May) and others, (including Delooney) in June, that the Prem Lge authorities will need to make a decision soon on the application from Newcastle to replace their gambling industry shirt sponsors with an entity (Sela) that is based in Saudi.

Why this is potentially interesting is that some speculate that Sela can be viewed as a comparator deal against our Etihad arrangement.
Newcastle will need an answer soon in order to organise merchandise for 2023/4.

If any of the charges against us stray into the old chestnut of ‘related parties’ …and the Prem sign off on the Newcastle deal then it’s another self inflicted shotgun blast to the EPL feet.

As many posters on here have already said the istry clubs will be shitting themselves at the prospect of the barcodes fully integrating themselves into the top four. Maybe this sponsorship arrangement is the first acid test for Newcastles new arrangements.

You can only imagine the corridor discussions with the Prem Lge led by the duplicitous ferrets from the hateful 8.

We all understand the morals and scruples of these clowns. Probably on legal terms it'd be OK, but if we've broken term's of our PL contract, then I can see us being stitched up by a kangaroo court.
I don't think we need to worry about "a kangaroo court". The commission has to be independent and I have every reason to believe that the professional integrity of its members will far outweigh any other consideration. If it does not and the commission delivers a perverse judgement City will then have a right of appeal. This would also be the case in the event of a disproportionate punishment. But City's plea is not one for leniency but that the charges are baseless and there is no case to answer.

Hard to see how we've done that with respect to actual figures and funding arrangements though. OK, maybe they can get us on "non-cooperation", but we have to file our accounts with the PL every year, so if we've fiddled the figures with respect to the PL, we must also have fiddled our accounts. Which I absolutely do not believe for 1 second we will have done.

Just wondering about the releasing all the documents charge which is one we will be guilty of.
Is our reason to not comply with these requirements something a fair Court should / would consider or is it a case of that's the rule and City btoke it?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.