PL charge City for alleged breaches of financial rules

I wish I shared your confidence that all QC's are holier-than-thou but I don't. He is very well qualified for the role but I've just read he's an Arsenal ST holder, that has me concerned towards his impartiality.
In my experience QC's are are serious players and don't *uck about

This must feel like a lottery win to every degenerate journalist. This shit will stick forever.

Barney Ronay, Jonathan Liew, David Conn, Nick Harris, Ewan McKenna, Tariq Panja, Miguel Delaney and anyone else I've missed...

They all look like they could do with getting laid every once in a while.

It's an interesting question.

If Sheikh Mansour felt like topping up Mancini's or Yaya's salary by £5m per year, how does the PL have the ability to find out or prove it?

They could have emails from the leak discussing it, but they can't have any financial records which makes proving it impossible.

I don't think there has ever been a club sanctioned for unofficial payments.

For example, Barca were never investigated for paying for prostitutes for Neymar's dad, alongside all the other alleged extras in that transfer.

Tapping up players is also against the rules but never seems to be enforced.

If our accounts are watertight which the CAS case would imply then we should be fine. I think a fine and possibly small transfer ban for not cooperating/small breaks in the rules.

Accounts filed at CH wouldn’t show key details around contracts, wages and sponsorship nor would they show transactions between players, sponsors or managers made with off shore companies.

So what are you saying? They asked for details of payments between players, sponsors or managers made with "off shore" companies, we said there aren't any, and they said non-compliance? Or they asked for the accounting of all "off shore" companies, we said fuck off and they said non-compliance?

Appreciate your input, but we have been down this road before. As one of the "enemy" it would be better to keep quiet until this calms down a little.

A few concerning bits from this news.

A four year investigation. So the club are fully aware about this and have been keeping the wolf from the door, so to speak.
100+ reported breaches. Even if a quarter of them are proved correct, then it could be relegation from the PL.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.