PL charge City for alleged breaches of financial rules

He's a fucking QC, they are holier than thou, if we are innocent we have NOTHING to worry about but if we have cooked the books we are ****ed.
I wish I shared your confidence that all QC's are holier-than-thou but I don't. He is very well qualified for the role but I've just read he's an Arsenal ST holder, that has me concerned towards his impartiality.

I'm not really flapping, I don't think we're getting relegated and I don't think we'll have titles stripped.

But I also don't believe City and CFG are going about their Monday as normal because they're so sure they'll be fine.

I suspect most of the charges are true but will be almost impossible to prove.

I have followed this kind of business corruption cases of before. the only way to blatantly prove this if the money itself directly went out of the club's account to the subsidiary. if the sheik say paid out through a different company related to abu dhabi, then it is not directly connected to the club. even if it a kind of personal corruption the club is not liable to it. unless there is a clear paper trail of every conversation arranging the deal it will be difficult for the PL to prove this anywhere.

If we have cooked the books, it must have serious consequences for HMR Customs and revenue along with our investors like Silverlake.

Last edited:
I'm not really flapping, I don't think we're getting relegated and I don't think we'll have titles stripped.

But I also don't believe City and CFG are going about their Monday as normal because they're so sure they'll be fine.

I suspect most of the charges are true but will be almost impossible to prove.
Like I've said in previous posts I know f-all about this subject. One thing I do know for certain is there is no way the PL have sat on this information dating back 15 years. While City have been mopping up title after title. Totally discrediting the prestige of their own competition. The same information that UEFA couldn't get City kicked out of the Champions League with. This will end up a massive smear campaign with a fine just like the last time.

I’d imagine it’s likely we’ll be found guilty with the book thrown at us before it ends up in court. There’s no way this process ends at the next step.
And how do think that is going to happen?
The club just hold their hands up and saying ok its a fair cop?
The club cannot afford to lose this and they won't. They have deeper pockets than the PL and the yanks combined.
This is grandstanding by the PL, they have carefully passed it over to "a commission" so they survive the negative outcome.
In the meantime their masters in the hateful 8(9) get to keep the negative narrative going for a few more years.

I think these charges have made this a lot more serious than anyone thought.

No one expected this to go any further, this is a shocker today.

As said earlier, if we are so squeaky clean why have we let it go on for so long?
We couldn't influence the investigation other than comply with it as ordered by the courts as City have said in the statement
"given the extensive engagement and vast amount of detailed materials that the EPL has been provided with"

"body of irrefutable evidence"

"As such we look forward to this matter being put to rest once and for all".

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.