PL charge City for alleged breaches of financial rules

I agree entirely with your sentiment but find it much more difficult in practice to avoid the subject. A few Christmases ago I disagreed with some very dear friends on religion. It started with a silly difference of opinion over a Tesco or Sainsbury's advert but soon became very heated. Fortunately my wife brought in some tea and Christmas cake and dragged us apart. Since then I have avoided the subject like the (biblical?!) plague, but it is difficult because faith is such a central part of her life and she wants to talk about it. With football it's much more difficult because for many it really has taken the place of faith and is central to so many lives. I'm fortunate that our friends love the game more than their team, which is, unfortunately, United for many of them. They all admit freely that City are much the better team and it's what goes on on the pitch which is important. But they all seem to accept without question that City are guilty of 115 (unspecified) charges and I can't sit there and take it. I reply mildly that City are my team, our owners are an example to the rest of football, unlike some others, I trust them absolutely and I know they have not violated any rules, however unfair those rules are. Friends think I'm naive but nod and say OK and change the subject - but it only takes one who gout out of bed on the wrong side or had a row with his wife and the powder keg goes up. And after Saturday and the last 15 years NOBODY accuses my club of cheating.
My sister in law hasn’t spoken to us since Christmas 2015 after I inferred Christianity was a big cover up for Mary’s affair. An entire family of bitter rag/villa fans disconnected so easily. The only time we’ve seen them since was after their big villa day out at Wembley. If only I had known it was so easy I would have said it the first time I met them.

My sister in law hasn’t spoken to us since Christmas 2015 after I inferred Christianity was a big cover up for Mary’s affair. An entire family of bitter rag/villa fans disconnected so easily. The only time we’ve seen them since was after their big villa day out at Wembley. If only I had known it was so easy I would have said it the first time I met them.
Oh my!!!

You’re going to Hell

See you down there ;)

Never has the truth hurt so much mate ;)

To me they should have an asterisk next to every European success they have had since Heysel, they should never have been able to play in any European cup competition since
If we need an asterisk after cheating, everything Liverpool & United have won since their 1915 ‘fixed game’ should have one

Plus Arsenal since 1919 for ‘paying their way into the top flight’

As front runners in the Asterisk League, City should have an asterisk since 1906 for ‘illegal overpayments to players’

And they say we have no history!!

We beat them all to having an asterisk against their name by a good few years

If we need an asterisk after cheating, everything Liverpool & United have won since their 1915 ‘fixed game’ should have one

Plus Arsenal since 1919 for ‘paying their way into the top flight’

As front runners in the Asterisk League, City should have an asterisk since 1906 for ‘illegal overpayments to players’

And they say we have no history!!

We beat them all to having an asterisk against their name by a good few years
I tells ya……someone will make a killin selling inflatable asterisks

Was told City only won because they paid hundreds of millions to players and agents under the table. Said it part of the UEFA and FA case. Asked where that was in those cases. No response. They believe in the boogeyman here in America because it is easier to believe your opponent is cheating than accept they are just better.

Heard this shit loads, I’ve asked why multiple title winning City in the most lucrative league in the World would need to pay Manu Akanji under the table. Our only rivals for him was Leicester..

It’s just all a bit mental.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.