PL charge City for alleged breaches of financial rules

They might well overtake Man Utd in the revenue stakes but that’s likely more to do with their incompetent ownership as much as anything
You haven't really listened to our Chairman's end of season chat have you. Go listen to it and you will realise City’s growth has nothing whatsoever to do with other clubs incompetent (and greedy) owners but everything to do with our owners and their strategy on how to run City. Listen to it and you will see the other owner's for what they are and the media fan boys of the red tops do not have the foresight to see what is happening before their blinkered eyes.

It’s changing rapidly. I (now) live in Borneo, one of my best mates out here is a dyed in the wool Gooner from London. He’s been out here for ten years and has two boys under ten. They’re both City fans.

I volunteer for an under 8’s kids football team at the weekend and the vast majority are in City kits for practice.

I don’t think for a minute that City have more adult fans than United worldwide, but keep going like this for a few more years and they’ll have far more 10-25 year olds supporting them than the reds.

People that don’t live within a few miles of a ground very often support the teams that were doing well when they were young. That’s always been the case and always will. We’re getting our own share of what we used to call “plastics” now, just like Arsenal, Chelsea, Pool and utd have done in the past.

Fair point. I grew up in Highbury and my dad and grandad were Gooners too, hence my affinity for Arsenal. But you’re right, the younger generation are more fickle and likely for many of them unable to attend games, they support the top teams they watch on TV

You haven't really listened to our Chairman's end of season chat have you. Go listen to it and you will realise City’s growth has nothing whatsoever to do with other clubs incompetent (and greedy) owners but everything to do with our owners and their strategy on how to run City. Listen to it and you will see the other owner's for what they are and the media fan boys of the red tops do not have the foresight to see what is happening before their blinkered eyes.

No, I’m not aware of your Chairman’s recent comments but my (justified) criticism of how United were run shouldn’t be seen as my not accepting City‘s impressive ownership. I do accept that.

This is one of many reasons why we have hurtled past the scum on the outside. They arrogantly thought their name alone would always ensure they would be ok. But kids dont give a flying fuck who ‘used to be good’. They dont care that united were ‘something’ before they were born.
They see the here n now, they see us winning trebles, the viking, jackie G with his top off, and they think “i ‘ll have somma that!!!!”

But but Nobby Stiles…..Bobby Charlton……

I‘ve no idea how many fans City have worldwide but whatever the number, I’d find it difficult to believe it was more than Man Utd’s global fan base.
How much money do you think there is to be made out of twelve-year-old South African boys?

Actually, you could ask Danny Fiszman that question if he wasn’t dead.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.