PL charge City for alleged breaches of financial rules

I see lots of kids wearing them, with their grumpy dads alongside.
This is one of many reasons why we have hurtled past the scum on the outside. They arrogantly thought their name alone would always ensure they would be ok. But kids dont give a flying fuck who ‘used to be good’. They dont care that united were ‘something’ before they were born.
They see the here n now, they see us winning trebles, the viking, jackie G with his top off, and they think “i ‘ll have somma that!!!!”

Same here.
Was in an Aldi close to where Roy Keane was born last week.
Saw what I thought was a lad in a Haaland Jersey on a few occasions but realised there were 3 different lads, not together, with Haaland jerseys
There's a GAA summer camp on near me and there are several youngsters in City gear.
Who'd have thought it a few years ago.
Roy Keane was born in Aldi’s last week ??? :-)

Of course not but it is obviously more than 100k and the aim that our owners have is to expand that whether we like it or not, over on Twitter it is a playground for fans from all around the world for all teams.

The best are the rag fans from Africa calling City fans from Manchester plastics :)

I have no idea how many fans we have globally but it will be way more than 100k, I am sure we would shatter that for the NW alone tbh

No, I agree with that. City’s fan base in England alone is much greater than 100k.

The point being is that just because United may have casual supporters throughout the world, how do they monetise them? They ain’t turning up for games or buying tat in the souvenir shop. TV money is where it’s at, City have qualified for the champions league every year since 2011. United, Liverpool, Arsenal. Spurs etc haven’t. They have also made the last 16 consistently since 2014 and also made the semis and finals 4 times in the last decade. Add that also winning the Premier league title 7 times since 2012. All that turns into extra air time on tv and prize money at the end of it. Then you have the sponsorship deals that come in because companies want to be associated with success. City’s ceo embarked on a strategy of signing deals with smaller sponsors but doing so in high quantity.

All this on the bottom line stacks up into money, standing still and believing that their clubs will always be some historical cash cow has been the mistakes made by teams that play in red. All the while City’s owners are constantly looking at how they can grow the club further. Keep an eye out for the biggest arena in Europe opening in December next to City’s ground and then a hotel opening up when the expanded North stand is opening up. City can’t possibly have bigger revenue than United though can they?

They might well overtake Man Utd in the revenue stakes but that’s likely more to do with their incompetent ownership as much as anything

I watched the game at Green Bay (v Bayern) and was amazed at City’s numbers in the crowd. That was pre-threeple, pre pure Treble, and of course young fans around the world are hugely following Haaland and Grealish when United have no personalities in their team. I’d say we’re still way behind but rapidly closing the gap. SM engagement is pretty high too. Will we ever catch them ?…who fucking cares ! But the rags/scousers obsession with history, arrogance and lack of respect is not helping them. When you read Red Cafe or RAWK some of the stuff on there is “off the scale” stupid it’s like a meeting place for the fucking village idiots. Long may it continue.

You‘re right about Red Cafe and RAWK. The level of debate there is poor bordering on delusional which is why I’m only active in this forum.

But that's the mistake you & a lot of rival fans make when it comes to revenue from sponsorship. City constantly winning things makes them box office & every tv station wanting to show them. It's more commercially savvy to be associated with Mcfc than spending about a million on a TV ad that 90% of people will turn off at half time.

I wasn’t talking revenues but fan numbers.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.