PL charge City for alleged breaches of financial rules

Was there any muffled laughter in the room at the time after that remark or was the audience mostly made up of non football people?
There was a 'muffled titter' going around the room.. but police caught up with him and removed the thick scarf wrapped around his face and his bobble hat, charging him with fondling the ladies present..*

(*Apologies, PB/all, for being flippant.. I couldn't resist this old one.. the Devil made me do it..! Back to the serious stuff..!)

If the high bar of what the Premier league is alleging that City’s senior execs alongside auditors, sponsors and partners of the club all colluded to conduct mass fraud on an industrial scale. Is a 3 person independent panel the right pathway to adjudicate on the matter, surely this should instead be within a crown court with criminal proceedings to ascertain matter of fact rather than an opinion of someone on an adjudicating panel?

Is it more urgent that the exchequer needs to know if it has been defrauded rather than the premier league knowing what points deduction and fine they can give City, to help their friends in Red win a league that will have an asterisk against it if City finish above them?

Spot on Gordy. Back in 2015, I got the chance to attend a Q&A with David Gill at my old school, which was celebrating its 500th anniversary. I got to ask the final question, which was what were the united hierarchy's thoughts when the takeover happened. His answer was that they took great interest in what was happening at the Etihad but felt secure in the fact that they were united and their position couldn't be challenged. He was very complimentary about the way we were run but then he came out with the now famous remark that "I'm no being arrogant but they'll never be bigger than us in Asia".

I couldn't believe my luck that my question elicited that answer, which was reported all round the world. Whether we're ever bigger than them in Asia or not, hardly matters now. We are the more successful team and have bigger revenues.

I wonder what his answer would be now, if I asked the same question?
The steepness of our rising arc for
revenue in asia is frightening. Still a way behind the 2 cheeks of the same arse but rising all the time and and slowly but surely catching up.
US the same. They love a winner there.
Arsenal has africa sewn up.

If the high bar of what the Premier league is alleging that City’s senior execs alongside auditors, sponsors and partners of the club all colluded to conduct mass fraud on an industrial scale. Is a 3 person independent panel the right pathway to adjudicate on the matter, surely this should instead be within a crown court with criminal proceedings to ascertain matter of fact rather than an opinion of someone on an adjudicating panel?

Is it more urgent that the exchequer needs to know if it has been defrauded rather than the premier league knowing what points deduction and fine they can give City, to help their friends in Red win a league that will have an asterisk against it if City finish above them?
If the accusations were true (i.e. that we’d artificially inflated our income) then technically we’d have been paying more tax than we needed to, so not sure HMRC themselves would get involved. It would become a huge diplomatic/political issue if we were found guilty though, which I suspect will be on the minds of the panel. They can’t just arbitrarily punish us, as some fear, to appease certain clubs. The fallout would be enormous.

If the accusations were true (i.e. that we’d artificially inflated our income) then technically we’d have been paying more tax than we needed to, so not sure HMRC themselves would get involved. It would become a huge diplomatic/political issue if we were found guilty though, which I suspect will be on the minds of the panel. They can’t just arbitrarily punish us, as some fear, to appease certain clubs. The fallout would be enormous.

It feels like the club is getting dragged towards a punishment that will end up being opinion rather than matter of fact. There’s little recourse after what ever verdict to appeal, the way the charges have been listed as 115 in total. They are desperate to make something stick to show they are doing something to curb City.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.