PL charge City for alleged breaches of financial rules

Watching the slow decline of United these past 12 years has certainly helped to boost the joyful experience of seeing City become the best team in world football.
Like someone on here said

Kids of 18 or younger won’t remember their treble as they were not even born.
Rags always had the prem league pin up player. Giggs, beckham, Rooney, ronaldo

Now it’s Haaland, Grealish, de bryne shirts everywhere

We are have created a legacy which is only going to grow.

Haaland has been fantastic on the pitch but off it he is off the scale

Like someone on here said

Kids of 18 or younger won’t remember their treble as they were not even born.
Rags always had the prem league pin up player. Giggs, beckham, Rooney, ronaldo

Now it’s Haaland, Grealish, de bryne shirts everywhere

We are have created a legacy which is only going to grow.

Haaland has been fantastic on the pitch but off it he is off the scale

There will be people approaching 30 who don’t remember it since it was 24 years ago. If you were 6 years old back then you won’t remember all the going ons in the football world.

There will be kids leaving high school right now who don’t remember United winning the league.

The charges were rushed out, framed and presented for maximum reputational damage to our club, the press were briefed and we were duly slaughtered by the media and the fan bases of rival clubs.
At that time, City were not at their peak - Pep had criticised attitudes, plus we’d just lost to Spurs and an attractive Arsenal side had a decent lead in the PL. United were talking about a quadruple. The jackals in the press gathered for Pep’s conference and all the early questions were all about him walking. Job done, so they thought.
Only Pep came out swinging, he named names and stood defiant. The club, the team and fans were galvanised and we’ve just completed the best season of any club in the history of English football.
That worked well for our enemies, didn’t it ?
United are a shambles of a club with their never-ending sale and a Manager and playing staff with the collective personality of an aspirin. Next season Liverpool will play on Thursday nights. All this, while we sit at the very top table with Erling and Jack hoovering up young fans across the globe. And Government regulatory oversight coming soon to a Premier League cartel near you !
A paradigm shift has just happened and even us blues are struggling to keep up with it. We’ve cracked the big one. Middle Eastern capital is circling, the Saudi League will compete for (ageing) star players, the broadcast Media landscape is changing. City’s charges were the last throw of the dice of the old world but that world is fast disappearing. City are now global box office gold. The PL will not be looking to commit self-harm by dragging City through any more shit - harming us harms them. Money talks. They’ll find a way out of the mess they’ve created.
Ask yourself this : does Khaldoon look worried ?
Does Pep look worried ?
We’ve got this.
Well said Rory, everything included in that post.

I agree there has been a huge power shift and not just in football. The globalisation of football is inevitable because everything else has been globalised thanks to digital technology. There are lots of downsides to globalisation but this situation is not going to reverse whatever some of our short-sighted politicians say. Thanks to our owner and our business model we are riding the crest of the wave at present and are better placed than any other sporting group to succeed. Our rivals have been asleep at the wheel. For "legacy" fans like me it is hard to get your head round it but I am staying around for the ride as long as I can.

We will be selling Virtual season tickets soon enough, VR headsets from Norway to Sydney, that's the plan.

We will be selling Virtual season tickets soon enough, VR headsets from Norway to Sydney, that's the plan.
I'm sure you are right S..

I saw on this forum Mr Ks interview with Bloomberg in his other role as CEO of an AD investment group that seemed to specialize in the growing business opportunities in the far east which seemed to be R and D coupled with established manufactures.
His knowledge of what is about to happen was phenomenal.

After all that's his job betting with AD money on growth potential.
Safe hands indeed as to where City will be in the future.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.