PL charge City for alleged breaches of financial rules

Unfortunately that
may be part of the plan of the red shirts.

As far as they are concerned they will sacrifice established Organisations to get their version of top teams into a new European League.

They tried once and failed.
Well if that should happen and City become a part of it I don't know what I'll do then.
Non league? Possibly
Give up watching? Likely.

Imagine 5 years from now when the MEN is putting #ff0000 ellipses around discarded vr headsets and everyone is calling it the Nullihad.

Just imagine

I was wondering if the Chairman’s very restrained comments on this issue during his state of the nation interview and the appearance of Ceferin in Manchester a few days later making mea culpa noises about the Champions League final fuck up are linked and significant.

I wouldn’t be surprised to learn there were high level discussions between the Club, The FA and UEFA to make this situation go away as quickly as possible.

How would that be a good thing? One of the reasons the PL marches ahead of La Liga is the equalitarian approach to tv money among PL clubs. This has fostered a more competitive league and appealed to a broader audience. Luton Town need to be getting as good a deal as anyone else in the league.

If broadcast deals were negotiated individually, rather than collectively, thats the beginning of the end of the PL. It really alarms me when fans of clubs see football through the prism of thier own club maximising thier own share of the pie, rather than the collective. Man City are only big because you are in the PL. The Premier League is the product, not Man City, Manchester United, Liverpool or Arsenal, the Premier League.

Your last comment worries me. Its like your up for it and want it to happen. Let Luton Town eat the bones that get tossed them
I don’t want to see individual clubs keeping all the broadcast income. I think the clubs as a collective should own all the broadcast income instead of giving it to a third party like SKY or BT. The technology now means the PL or any league could control broadcast income and distribute in a fair way. The bigger clubs would still get more from European games. This will happen in some sort of format whether we like it or not.

Last edited:
I was wondering if the Chairman’s very restrained comments on this issue during his state of the nation interview and the appearance of Ceferin in Manchester a few days later making mea culpa noises about the Champions League final fuck up are linked and significant.

I wouldn’t be surprised to learn there were high level discussions between the Club, The FA and UEFA to make this situation go away as quickly as possible.
Ceferin tried twice to end UEFA case before it concluded. His proposal was City payed a small administrative fine and UEFA would drop the case. He was sent away with a flea in his ear. Our current policy will be no different. Either the league announce that they have no evidence or the case goes ahead. No fudge will happen.
UEFA is not a party to this case, nor is the FA. It is just The PL vs City.

How would that be a good thing? One of the reasons the PL marches ahead of La Liga is the equalitarian approach to tv money among PL clubs. This has fostered a more competitive league and appealed to a broader audience. Luton Town need to be getting as good a deal as anyone else in the league.

If broadcast deals were negotiated individually, rather than collectively, thats the beginning of the end of the PL. It really alarms me when fans of clubs see football through the prism of thier own club maximising thier own share of the pie, rather than the collective. Man City are only big because you are in the PL. The Premier League is the product, not Man City, Manchester United, Liverpool or Arsenal, the Premier League.

Your last comment worries me. Its like your up for it and want it to happen. Let Luton Town eat the bones that get tossed them

Couldn’t agree more to be honest. I’d actually prefer all TV revenue distribution even, I think it is to an extent. I do agree that the teams having games affected by tv should then receive compensation. That way there teams chasing at the top and fighting relegation get similar TV revenues.

Every City fan I know, wants the game to be as even as possible, if our owner is richer than yours so be it, but if Newcastle’s or Leeds or whoever is richer than ours, then fair fucks to them.

But they’ll be a growing number of City fans that will start to think, fuck the rest of the league, fuck the G14. And I don’t think you can blame them for that. The other teams especially the reds shirts and Spurs have tried to fuck us over royally. If we are the best at making money, if we’re the biggest tv draw, why shouldn’t we want the lions share? That’s how we’ve been treated.

I know it’s short sighted, most will. But the powers that be at your club, United, Liverpool, the Spanish giants don’t. So, you can see why some City fans wouldn’t give a flying fuck about anyone else.

Last edited:

Individual deals would be the death knell of competition.

Could you please refer to our club as Manchester City rather than Man City, particularly when you refer to our rivals who play in a neighbouring town as Manchester U.....

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.