PL charge City for alleged breaches of financial rules

Yes, I would really like to hear the real story behind all this. So much of it doesn't make much sense. But I guess we will never know.

Surprised these wonderful sports journalists we have who can sniff out a great story haven't written books about it. Not.
Bizarre few days..

And not a chance in hell that they would share their reasons with us or anyone else. Not if they'd like to work again before retirement.

Dunno about that. By declining the role they've also declined to side with the red shites. Obviously it doesn't guarantee they'd talk to us at all, but some may if they felt what was requested was out of order.

IIRC, there was talk in the media of City pulling out, but then Chelsea did it first, the bastards. The story was that one club said "this wasn't what we signed up to" and I always thought that was a City quote. The others, presumably, must have known what they were signing up to. Gives me a sense of moral high ground anyway. So it's a moral first out for me. :)

Still doesn't excuse the mistake of signing up to something when you don't fully understand it, though, so if I am right it wasn't the management's greatest hour tbh.
We were between a rock & a hard place at the time. Had Esl gone ahead then I would have expected that 300m each club got to be spent on hoovering up the best players & not settling debts.

Yes, I would really like to hear the real story behind all this. So much of it doesn't make much sense. But I guess we will never know.

Surprised these wonderful sports journalists we have who can sniff out a great story haven't written books about it.

Decent article here

We were between a rock & a hard place at the time. Had Esl gone ahead then I would have expected that 300m each club got to be spent on hoovering up the best players & not settling debts.

Our guys do billion dollar deals every week. I doubt they have ever (at least I hope they have never) done one without understanding exactly what they were getting into. That is the part that is missing for me.

Khaldoon never said they didn't understand what they were doing, iirc, just that it was a mistake. There is a huge disconnect there which I would really like to know more about but never will, I suppose.

Our guys do billion dollar deals every week. I doubt they have ever (at least I hope they have never) done one without understanding exactly what they were getting into. That is the part that is missing for me.

Khaldoon never said they didn't understand what they were doing, iirc, just that it was a mistake. There is a huge disconnect there which I would really like to know more about but never will, I suppose.
I think the knew exactly what they were doing. They are here to make money, saw the ESL as another opportunity to do so, but didn’t expect the huge backlash from fans.

I think the knew exactly what they were doing. They are here to make money, saw the ESL as another opportunity to do so, but didn’t expect the huge backlash from fans.
Yeah, i believe the powers that be at City knew exactly what they were doing, we were as bad as all the other clubs who were part of it

And not a chance in hell that they would share their reasons with us or anyone else. Not if they'd like to work again before retirement.
I think that the same applies to the legal Panel PL have chosen to examine our 115 charges.
Anything other than complete fairness will ruin their non football careers.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.